Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a place to provide feedback on the new Bryte Burn's character sheets?

Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm wondering if there is an appropriate place to provide feedback on the Bryte Burn character sheets? I have some very strong first impressions of the character sheet that I'd like to get back to the developers. Thanks!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
No, there doesn't seem to be any official feedback/bug report thread for the game/sheet. So go ahead and share here.
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Okay! I found the new character sheet to be very frustrating to deal with. I hope that my comments will be considered to make improvements to the sheet. 1. Vast wasting of space. a. There was no way to collapse info blocks into easy to visually scan items.  I want to be able to see at a glance all of the gear I have, not scroll down to look at around 3 to 4 items at a time.  Most of the time I don’t need the full description of an item visible.  I really only need to be able see a line that has “Item Number Weight Cost”. b. Same issue with Special Abilities and Nova Abilities.  So much excess space.  The default should be a collapsed list that has the Name and a roll button on one line for each item and if the player wants to look at the details, then they should be able to expand the line.  Don’t put it out like a bunch of fixed sized cards! c. Sheet is a fixed size. I ran into cases where I wanted to get a better view (small font!) and hitting the + sign under editing didn’t grow the page.  Also grabbing the edge of a page and dragging to the right didn’t spread the contents out. d. Most components don’t grow when the bottom is grabbed and dragged downward.  This is doubly annoying with the previous complaint.  As a result, longer descriptions have to be scrolled through, you can’t expand and read it all at once. 2. No apparent way to go back in and add Special Abilities from the Compendium.  I really tried hard to get that to work, but the sheet didn’t import from the Compendium. 3. No sanity checking of imputed data – I accidently added “Edge in the Dark” twice and didn’t catch it until after I’d finalized the sheet.  It was a combination of not being able to see all of the Special Abilities on one page and not validating input to prevent selecting a Special Ability twice. 4. Many fields are a fixed size and don’t grow when the page width is changed – for example, the Culture field isn’t long enough. 5. Item entry is horribly laid out.  Why so much wasted space between Type and the Text?  Why is the Name and Description fields so narrow and inflexible? Why is the font so small and inflexible? 6. Consistency.  The sheet should use the same symbols as every other sheet for adding entries and editing a list. As long as I’m passing on the deficiencies I noted, the character creation section for ships *really* needs some work. 1. Please revise and clarify the section that describes the ship’s weapon assortment. Is it that you get one of the weapon packages from the list, or that you get all of the weapon packages listed? 2. Please greatly raise the resolution of the example ships shown. 3. Please provide an example of how the ship components could be added with an accompanying HIGH RESOLUTION picture.  Ideally several pictures. 4. Please provide clarification as to where components can be placed and if there are any limitations on where components can be placed.  Additional HIGH RESOLUTION pictures are needed. And that's just my impressions from character generation, or more correctly from two sessions of character generation.  I hope that my feedback can contribute to making a better product.   Senjak/Matt G
ColinD F.
Forum Champion
Have you started playing Burn Bryte yet? If so what do you think?
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Mind you, you asked... The two group I played in got as far as making characters, correcting characters, setting up the starship and a little bit of shooting. The entire group had fun, but the random number generator seems to through out far more doubles than should be happening.  It could have been just a fluke if I'd seen it once, but it happened in two different games. The documentation is really annoying to try to dig through as it is broken up into small chunks for online.  I can tell right off the bat that my GF is going to hate the system because she hates online documentation and wants to look through printed manuals.   There needs to be far more pictorial examples of what is being discussed, so much of the rules I read over were in need of a rewrite for clarity.   My overall impression was that although there was a lot of interesting content, the state of the rules documentation really was a disappointment.  I felt like the rules had been written and reviewed by the creators without passing the work off to a non-involved group to puzzle over.  Although the assets available on day 1 were very pretty, the documentation to go with the game system was really lack-luster.  Rules that should be crystal clear because they are very basic things that everyone will run into should not be stumbling blocks during session 0. All that said, I had fun. The groups I was playing with were willing to say "screw it, let's do it this way for now!" Something that might not have happened with a different mix of people.  I can easily see a group with multiple rules lawyers getting totally bogged down.