Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sound driving us mad

Edited 1594842783
Hi myself and 5 players played Lost Mine of Phandelver for 3 months without a single sound/video issue. I bought the Curse of Strahd in June and after 3 sessions, no one can see or hear each other. It has been like this from the start. We have spent hours going through settings, everything looks normal. If we all go into my existing LMOP campaign, everything works fine! I have tried setting the Chat Tech to legacy, different browsers, everything...
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've seen this reported in another thread, didn't see any solution to it. The easiest option would be to use another service - Discord, Skype, Google Hangouts etc. etc. I haven't got a clue how campaign content would be interfering with voice & video, but there's been enough reports that it seems to be a thing.
Oosh said: I've seen this reported in another thread, didn't see any solution to it. The easiest option would be to use another service - Discord, Skype, Google Hangouts etc. etc. I haven't got a clue how campaign content would be interfering with voice & video, but there's been enough reports that it seems to be a thing. Thanks Yeah, we're using Discord as a backup solution but we liked having video (because livestream our games) and neither of them work since we started CoS. It's so weird that it works fine if we swap to the LMOP campaign!

Edited 1594898644
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah, no idea what's going on there. Here's the other thread, anyway - at least you're not alone! I'm pretty sure there's a CoS bug report thread, search is currently spitting errors at me though.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I wonder if it's more likely to be shard-based rather than game based? I can't see why the module should make a difference.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Are shards also geographically based? Just wondering if GM location in the affected games might narrow it down?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I really don't know.
is it for every body or just for one person.
Allen S. said: is it for every body or just for one person. Everyone has this problem
try making a new game 
if your not far in the game maybe?
Allen S. said: try making a new game  I've made 2 new campaigns with CoS and they both have the same issue.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I wonder if this has to do with the browser tab data cap?  From the sounds of it, there are no (or few) problems with a smaller module, but in a game with a larger module, there are lots of problems.  There might be correlation between the amount of base browser data/memory in use for the game content (which would determine how much is left for video/sound), and the amount of problems people are having.