Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Another corrupted chat log thread

Edited 1595003293
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Looks like my chat log took a dump this morning on one of my games. Other games are unaffected. I tried clearing browser cache and clearing the chat archive (outside of the VTT) with no luck. Running Chrome with no extensions. Interestingly, after "clearing" the chat archive (notification says "game chat was cleared successfully"), it looks like it didn't actually clear anything. I can still access the archived chat history. Does this take some time to actually take effect? I tried again and waited about 10min after rebooting my pc, but it's still there. Eventually I tried to roll back to yesterday when things were working fine, but same issue. A simple chat command /r 1d20 is returning this:    Same if I try to fire a roll directly from the character sheet (5E D&D by Roll20). If I roll initiative from the sheet, it gets rolled and successfully added to the turn tracker, but again nothing in the chat.  Any additional ideas beyond what I've tried before I submit a help request to the Devs? EDIT -- Opened a help request
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Clearing the chat archive should happen right away, so something odd is clearly going on.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Sooo, it's been a week and I haven't heard back from the Devs regarding my help request (#23400). Got the automated email last Friday, then crickets. Replied to that email yesterday asking for an update on expected timeframe, with no response. Luckily, it's just a development/test game, so I'm not missing out on actual game play, but I would have thought to hear something by now. I totally understand that things are busy and there are extenuating circumstances with, you know, the pandemic and all. Just wondering what kind of time frame to expect. :)  Got a bunch of stuff that I could try to transmorg over, but that kinda sucks. Mostly worried that the same thing might happen to a real game, so I'd like to be able to have a head start on troubleshooting in that case.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Have you tried the "copy the game and see if the copy behaves differently" course of action?