Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Co-GM questions

Can you demote people back to normal players after you've elevated them to co-GM? Can someone that is a co-GM use assets that are in the main GM's library? Can someone that is a co-GM upload assets to the main GM's library? If a co-GM makes something (like a spell template) using assets from their own library, will there be any problems using what they made if they're demoted back to a normal player (if that's possible)? Basically, one of my friends that I'm playing with offered to setup a bunch of spell templates for our game since they have a good amount of free time (more than I do). I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any problems if I bumped them up to co-GM so they could make the stuff and then dropped them back down to normal player.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Gregory K. said: Can you demote people back to normal players after you've elevated them to co-GM? Yes, hover their avatar where you promoted them and there is a demotion option. Can someone that is a co-GM use assets that are in the main GM's library? Not directly.  If the GM drags content onto a page, they can manipulate it, copy/paste it, delete it.  The same is true for the GM accessing co-GM assets. Can someone that is a co-GM upload assets to the main GM's library? No, anything they upload goes into their library. If a co-GM makes something (like a spell template) using assets from their own library, will there be any problems using what they made if they're demoted back to a normal player (if that's possible)? If they create a Spell Template, say as a character's default token, they will be able to access the character if they are assigned as a controller on it.  If they placed a token on the map, they would only be able to control it if they also assigned themselves control of it.  It would not be controllable by default. Basically, one of my friends that I'm playing with offered to setup a bunch of spell templates for our game since they have a good amount of free time (more than I do). I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any problems if I bumped them up to co-GM so they could make the stuff and then dropped them back down to normal player. Should be fine. =D
Thank you.