Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

FX should be visible even in darkness

I know this may be hard to implement - I don't know what's behind the technology currently in use or the current implementation.  But, many magical effects should be visible to characters when the effects happen in darkness.  A burst of fire, for example, would still be visible to anyone (unless it happens in magical darkness, according to the D&D 5E rules).  A character may not have Darkvision, or any light to see by, but some effect that produces light (e.g. Fireball, Dancing Lights, etc.) should still be visible in darkness. I'd like the FX be made visible in darkness, or even better, have an option for them being visible. Thank you.
The Amethyst Dragon
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Voting for this one, as it's the same thing I posted about a month or so ago. An entire lightning bolt vfx/token should be visible down a long, dark hallway, or a glowing crystal should be seen in a corner that's in shadow. Maybe with an option/toggle on tokens to make them be unaffected by the shadowing portion of UDL.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .