Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Is this possible?

Hello! I run mostly Cortex Classic, and it has a rather complicated system of health (for automation [I think]), and was wondering if the following is possible. Can I have a token have two different health types. Stun and Wound. and when they attack have their attack dice roll subtract out the defending token's dice roll. Take the result divide it in half. Giving one half to stun, one half to wound. THEN have another die roll damage and add that either to wound, stun, or split between the two depending on damage type? I am absolutely new to API, and just got my mentor subscription a few days ago to fiddle with character sheets, which by the way are hard to do to! Thank you!
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
There are multiple bars on a token so yes. This actually sounds less complicated than it appears. Totally doable.
Since you're talking about character sheets, the simple solution is to create the two attrs in the character sheet (attr_Stun and attr_Wound), link the first to the first token bar, the second to the second token bar (drop down menus in the edit token window), (far right column when a token is linked to a character). Then in the API, simple set the values of those attributes on the character according to whatever damage calculation you want, the health bars will auto-update.
So I can make a single roll feed both the stun attribute and wound attribute through some crazy math? (thanks for the help guys! Im very slow at coding)