Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bug report posts give bug error message?

I've tried submitting two bug reports and both of them, ironically, give a bug error message when I click Submit.
So when I try pasting the contents of my original bug report (both of them) I get a Page Not Found error message....&nbsp; First off... this is my third time typing this as my first bug report submission, ironically, ended in a bug (71a5e3157eab4d618dd56082ef3e3552) I didn't catch the second bug report code, but I'm sure it was the same issue. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Secondly, when doing a /r 1d20 + @{character|stealth_bonus} + @{character|global_skill_mod} it does not add the stealth bonus from the 5e OGL sheet unless there is something to add from the global_skill_mod (like Guidance) as well, as shown below. My macro: /gmroll 1d20+@{Ondine Meadowmarsh|global_skill_mod}+@{Ondine Meadowmarsh|stealth_bonus} What's returned without a global_skill_mod active: (To GM)rolling 1d20+3+ ( 18 ) = 18 What's returned WITH a global_skill_mod active: (To GM)rolling 1d20+3+<span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right fullcrit" original-title=" Rolling 1d4[Guidance] = ( 4 )" style="box-sizing: content-box; background-color: rgb(254, 246, 142); border: 2px solid rgb(63, 179, 21); padding: 0px 3px; font-weight: bold; cursor: help; font-size: inherit;">4 ( 19 ) +3+4 = 26 Also, I assume it's related, if I swap the positions of skill_bonus and global_skill_mod, it gives a verification error and a 0 result. (To GM)rolling 1d20++3 ( 15 ) ++3 = 0 Something seems to be wrong with the above roll -- it failed verification.

Edited 1596454773
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The math gets messed up by missing or blank Attributes. You can try this: /gmroll 1d20 + 0@{Ondine Meadowmarsh|global_skill_mod} +@{Ondine Meadowmarsh|stealth_bonus} put a 0 in front of the Attribute - this will work as long as the Attribute starts with an integer. I haven't really tested this much, so some mods might break it. Or you could add a global mod which gives you a +0 and leave it on all the time. This will stop the Attribute from ever being blank. The global mod Attributes weren't really designed to work directly in rolls - if they had a "0" value when empty, they'd trigger the {{global}} field in the templates when they're not supposed to. Or.... you could just let the sheet do its job: /w gm %{Ondine Meadowmarsh|stealth} instead of reinventing the wheel :)
Oosh said: The math gets messed up by missing or blank Attributes. You can try this: /gmroll 1d20 + 0@{Ondine Meadowmarsh|global_skill_mod} +@{Ondine Meadowmarsh|stealth_bonus} put a 0 in front of the Attribute - this will work as long as the Attribute starts with an integer. I haven't really tested this much, so some mods might break it. Or you could add a global mod which gives you a +0 and leave it on all the time. This will stop the Attribute from ever being blank. The global mod Attributes weren't really designed to work directly in rolls - if they had a "0" value when empty, they'd trigger the {{global}} field in the templates when they're not supposed to. Or.... you could just let the sheet do its job: /w gm %{Ondine Meadowmarsh|stealth} instead of reinventing the wheel :) Thanks for the reply Oosh. I've perused forums, redits, and turorials for months while learning Roll20 as well as I could and don't think I've come across the "%{Ondine Meadowmarsh|stealth}" method. That's brilliant. And thank you for the workaround suggestion as well. Thanks!!