Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

FX via API chat buttons help

Hey there! I've been working on a wild shape macro to automatically change the sheet and token associated with one of my players' characters. So far it works like a dream, but I've mostly been basing it off of tutorials and help threads I've been reading from and don't have much scripting experience myself. This portion works great! Full Text What I want is to also play one of the built in roll20 fx on the token when the button is pressed, just for a little extra pzazz. So far I've been able to make it work in a separate macro, but I'm really struggling to integrate the two so they both trigger on a single button click. Separate Macro Text   If anyone could help I would deeply appreciate it! TL;DR I want my wild shape macro to both swap tokens and play one of the roll20 fx with a single click in the chat window.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You should be able to get it all to work as one click (I think, though I don't have API), by putting 
/fx burst-smoke @{selected|token_id} immediately after your Token-Mod line, but before the closing ) So under the first Kelp entry, at the end of the TokenMod line: ...... --off light_otherplayers| @{selected|token_id} 
/fx burst-smoke @{selected|token_id} ) Another option is to change the buttons to (for example) [Boar](~Boar) Create an Ability macro called Boar on the character sheet. Then paste your TokenMod code into this macro, with your chosen FX on the next line: !token-mod --set ....... /fx burst-smoke @{selected|token_id}