Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Odyssey of the Dragonlords: Hide Name and Auto Roll not working for NPCs

Set in Game Settings for Names to hide and Auto Roll hit and damage. Works for PCs, does not work for NPCs/Monsters. Have to manually change each monster. Error on my part or the game?  Thanks! Using Chrome: Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Make sure you "Apply Default Settings" in settings there, to change it for all NPCs.
@CrusherEAGLE, gave that a shot. Didn't work. Note, I set the Game Settings before opening the module for the first time.
Using Chat SetAttr you can set creatures.  I have had the default settings frequently not work, and being the lazyDM I am, rather than learn what I'm doing wrong, I use the 2 commands listed below to either make a creatures rolls private or not.  I know you can do the same thing with the settings you're asking about, but off hand do not know the exact way.  Perhaps the commands are listed under the API.  I hope this helps to at least point you in a directiuon of help. To make creature public rolls:  !setattr --sel --silent --wtype|'' To make creature private rolls:  !setattr --sel --silent --wtype|'/w gm ' Also note that when you set the defaults outside the game the way you were trying or had done initially, you must go inside the game to settings and scroll to the bottom to apply those settings and then wit for it to run (3-10 minutes).