Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New Tokens by Devin Night Coming in April

Devin N.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey guys and gals. In April I will be loading a bunch of new tokens into Roll20. I have 350 new monster tokens from my Kickstarter to add. I also have about 150 character tokens that I have never found the time to make available even on my own site. While most of these tokens are typical fantasy fare I also have about 40 modern tokens and a handful of science fiction and steampunk tokens. I'm also working with Roll20 to get the existing files in the marketplace swapped out with better versions, same art just a more consistent scaling and square dimensions to fix some of them from being distorted. For those of you who are not familiar with my current work I'll attach some images below. I've been making tokens for close to 8 years now. Thanks for taking a look and if you have already purchased some of my tokens, thanks! I appreciate it. -Devin
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Dang I didn't know you had a kickstarter.  Anyway to get in on it even though its over? :(
I've been using your free tokens for a couple of years now. They contrast with the maps so perfectly and the selection is awesome.I do wonder  if you will ever do another fantasy townsfolk pack with pack with more variety of race and sexes. My players have a tendency to attack things holding weapon or at least assume all NPCs are hostile... visual cues are funny like that.
DUDE! Any chance I could get the fire salamander guy like... _NOW_  ?!?!?!  
Hi.The tiger is impressive! I plan to get most of these particularly the animals. I just wish I had seen the kickstarter last year. Could you let us know if everything on the Kickstarter will be available on Roll20 and if so what packs will be available?
Devin N.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks guys. I do have a couple more townsfolk lined up in my que. I'll try to make a larger variety of races too. Forge feel free to email me devinnight (at) immortalnights (dot) com Eventually I will have all the tokens loaded onto roll20. I don't know the breakdown of the sets at this point. I'll also have the entire set of tokens on my site sometime in April. To track my current work and for hints of what in my que please visit my blog: <a href="http://devinnight.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow">http://devinnight.wordpress.com/</a>
Awesome art! I look forward to seeing and buying the new stuff. &nbsp;
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Yup, Devin Nights stuff is really looking good. &nbsp;I've been toying with the idea of adding bases to the tokens. &nbsp;The problem with top down tokens is they can get lost in the map since they just don't stand out very well, especially with dark tokens on dark dungeon floors. &nbsp;Here are four examples of DV's eagle. &nbsp;Which do you guys like the best? &nbsp;Top left is just the token, bottom left is the token with a red base, top right is the token with a light grey glow, and the bottom right is the token with a light grey glow and a base. &nbsp;I'm leaning towards the token with a light grey glow. &nbsp;One other advantage of bases is if you give allies one colour and enemies another then its easy to distinguish at a glance who is who. &nbsp;So I might still go with a base. &nbsp;Maybe make some nicer bases that what I whipped up.
I would vote the glow. If you're using photoshop you can actually do any color of glow and can &nbsp;use a red glow for enemy and a white glow for ally or the like. Those red tokens are too obtrusive and ruin the effect of a topdown token which IS that it can blend in. The glow makes it stand out, but still lets it integrate as intended. The new tokens look pretty wicked... I haven't looked closely at tokens available on the marketplace, but the free ones are pretty basic and thus far I've on;y used them as ambience (need bar patrons? grab some free DNs)
Hey Devin: Have you ever considered bundles with all your stuff at a one time, discounted price?
Devin N.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey Chris, I have. I just recently made the 8 packs on my store into a bundle and selling the whole thing for less. When I regroup and redo my store and site in April I hope to have several options. I very much realize that when I have a couple packs and someone buys them it's easy, when I have a ton of stuff I don't want people showing up and realizing that the expense to get everything is too pricey. However, making tokens takes time, and the only way I get away making tokens is to sell them, so I have to figure out what is the best breakdown of tokens vs price and when older tokens should be greatly discounted. I'm also considering selling tokens individually, so you can just buy the exact tokens you want, that depends on how easily I can populate a store with over 500+ individual tokens.
Speaking of packs... where is Pack 24?
Devin N.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I released pack 24 right before the end of the year. I'm pretty sure it's in the Roll20 Store as well. If not it soon will be.
Devin N.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
It's in the Marketplace as Token Pack #29 The Frozen North.
Ah... I was just curious since they weren't in order. Damn OCD.
JonathanTheBlack said: Ah... I was just curious since they weren't in order. Damn OCD. Yeah, we need to do some presentation tweaking to the marketplace. &nbsp;One of those "AAAAAHHHH we have so many features to get toooooo" problems.
That orc looks familiar!