Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

%{Character|stat} not working inside 5e chat template

Good afternoon, all. Hope your weekend is going just peachy. I had a macro that threw a [[1d20+@{pc|perception_bonus}+@{pc|global_skill_modifier}]] into a chat and it worked reasonably well, however I just learned of the %{pc|perception} method and I'd like to start using it. When I do a single character into the chat, it works perfectly fine, however when I try using it in my macro/template, all that is output is the template name. The 3d dice are still rolled, so idk if it's a syntax issue or what. Each one, individually, works normally. Any thoughts (or always open to better ideas/templates!)? (separated by line breaks for readability) /w gm &{template:default}{{name=Party Perception}} {{Antonia=%{Antonia Ray|Perception}}} {{Ondine=%{Ondine Meadowmarsh|Perception}}} {{Callista=%{Callista|Perception}}} {{Alexander=%{Alexander Solaris|Perception}}} {{Vivex=%{Vivex|Perception}}}

Edited 1596995287

Edited 1597029274
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Those are both abilities that produce their own roll templates. That won't work inside of another roll template. It's like trying to load a gun with smaller guns, instead of bullets. You have two choices: 1. Make a macro that issues the abilites by themselves. This will produce the five roll templates and nothing else if you use no other check. You cannot whisper them. The whisper is set by the character settings. To whisper them, you will need to construct your own macro as you were doing before. %{Antonia Ray|Perception}} %{Ondine Meadowmarsh|Perception}} %{Callista|Perception}} %{Alexander Solaris|Perception}} %{Vivex|Perception}} 2. Construct a  Chat Menu  for the abilities. /w gm &{template:default}{{name=Party Perception}} {{Antonia=[Antonia](~Antonia Ray|Perception}} {{Ondine=[Ondine]({~Ondine Meadowmarsh|Perception)}} {{Callista=[Callista](~Callista|Perception)}} {{Alexander=[Alexander](~Alexander Solaris|Perception)}} {{Vivex=[Vivex](~Vivex|Perception)}} This will allow you to call any particular roll you wish.