Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Global Damage Modifier in 5e Roll20 Character Sheet

I am trying to set up Green Flame Blade in the 5e Character Sheet and believe I may have found a bug in the Global Damage Modifier section, specifically the crit damage for a Global Damage Modifier. Instead of adding the GFB Damage to each weapon, I was trying to set it up as a Global Damage Modifier that I could check on/off when I used GFB. The Damage macro works, but the Crit macro does not.  If I use these in Damage2 for each individual weapon, they work. Damage - [[(floor((@{level}+1)/6))]]d8 Crit - [[(floor((@{level}+1)/6))]]*8 The crit damage is calculated correctly if used in the Damage2 Crit field, but if used in a Global Damage Modifier, it rolls the damage roll again and adds it to whatever is in the Critical Damage field.  So, on a crit for a Level 6 character, it shows damage of 1d8 and crit damage of 1d8 + 8 instead of just 8 for crit damage. I tested this with just a simple Global Damage Modifier with 1d6 damage and 6 for Critical Damage and got the same duplication in the critical damage calculation, so I believe this is a bug in the sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Matt, You should report this in the dev-monitored feedback thread:  D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 . It's much more likely to be seen by the sheet author there.