Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weird die rolling scheme.

Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello! Looking for advice on how to implement a weird die rolling method.  Well, at least I think it is weird, it is possible that someone else has already solved it. It is a 2d10 dice rolling with explode and imploding, sort of. On the first roll, re-roll any 10s and then keep adding the additional value on, exploding any additional 10. On the first roll any 1s are dropped, and then 1d10 is subtracted from the total. These subtractions don't implode additional times. Thank you for any light you can shine on this problem.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That sounds like it's only going to be possible with the API.  Can you give a few examples?  Also, are you trying to fit this into a character sheet, or are you just looking to do this in the chat?
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Examples each rolling 2 10 sided dice.  The first is the actual roll. 3 + 4 = 7  nothing explodes 3 + 10 => 3 + 10 + 1d10 => 3 + 10 + 7 =  20 one explodes 3 + 10 => 3 + 10 + 1d10 => 3 + 10 + 10 => 3 + 10 + 10 + 1d10 => 3 + 10 + 10 + 2 = 25 keeps exploding 3 + 10 => 3 + 10 + 1d10 => 3 + 10 + 1 =  14 one explodes, rerolled 10 doesn't implode and is taken as just a 1 3 + 1 => 3 - 1d10 => 3 - 6 = -3 one implodes, the 1 is dropped and 1d10 is removed 3 + 1 => 3 - 1d10 => 3 - 1 = 1 one implodes, the reroll of a 1 counts as a 1. 1 + 10 => -1d10 + 10 + 1d10 => -3 + 10 + 3 => -3 + 10 + 3 = 10 implosion and explosion. I'd love to be able to fit this on a character sheet, but I would be happy to just have it in chat. I'll learn more about how to do this so I'd be happy with either way working. Thanks for assistance with this.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
First pass version: Also supports whispering You run it with: !wd <number> So for 4: !wd 4 If you don't supply a number (or supply something that doesn't look like a number), it assumes 2.  You can also use an inline roll to determine the number of dice to roll: !wd [[@{selected|strength}+@{selected|endurance}]] You whisper by prefacing with a w: !wwd 3 The whisper goes to the player, but I could make it go to player and gm, or just gm (or add options for that. Script: on('ready',()=>{ const cr = /^!(w)?wd(?:\b\s|$)/i; const times = (n,f)=>Array(n).fill(n).map(f); const d10 = ()=>randomInteger(10); const explode = (n)=>[n, ...(10===n?explode(d10()):[])]; const css = (o)=>Object.keys(o).reduce((m,k)=>`${m}${k}:${o[k]};`,''); const s = { box: css({ ["font-weight"] : "bold", ["border-bottom"] : "2px solid #0F3DA0", ["border-top"] : "4px solid #0F3DA0", ["background-color"] : "#AEB6C6" }), heading: css({ ["font-weight"] : "bold", ["font-size"] : "1.3em" }), title: css({ ["font-weight"] : "bold" }), row: css({ ["margin"] : ".1em", ["border-bottom"] : "1px solid #0F3DA0" }), die: css({ ["display"] : "inline-block", ["font-size"] : "1.3em", ["padding"] : ".25em .5em", ["border"] : "1px solid black", ["border-radius"] : "100%", ["background-color"] : "white", ["color"] : "black" }), one: css({ ["color"] : "#990000" }), ten: css({ ["color"] : "#009900" }), sum: css({ ["display"] : "inline-block", ["font-size"] : "1.3em", ["padding"] : ".1em .25em", ["border"] : "1px solid red", ["border-radius"] : ".2em", ["background-color"] : "#333", ["color"] : "white" }), clear: css({ ["clear"] : "both" }) }; const f = { content: (t,c) => `<div style="${s.content}">${f.heading(t)}${c}</div>`, heading: (t) => `<div style="${s.heading}">${t}</div>`, box: (t) => `<div style="${s.box}">${t}</div>`, title: (t) => `<div style="${s.title}">${t}</div>`, clear: () => `<div style="${s.clear}"></div>`, die: (n) => `<div style="${s.die}${n<0?s.one:(10===n?s.ten:'')}">${n}</div>`, sum: (n) => `<div style="${s.sum}">${n}</div>`, row: (...o) => `<div style="${s.row}">${o.join(' ')}${f.clear()}</div>` }; const processInlinerolls = (msg) => { if(_.has(msg,'inlinerolls')){ return _.chain(msg.inlinerolls) .reduce(function(m,v,k){ let ti=_.reduce(v.results.rolls,function(m2,v2){ if(_.has(v2,'table')){ m2.push(_.reduce(v2.results,function(m3,v3){ m3.push(v3.tableItem.name); return m3; },[]).join(', ')); } return m2; },[]).join(', '); m['$[['+k+']]']= (ti.length && ti) || v.results.total || 0; return m; },{}) .reduce(function(m,v,k){ return m.replace(k,v); },msg.content) .value(); } else { return msg.content; } }; on('chat:message',msg=>{ if('api'===msg.type && cr.test(msg.content) && playerIsGM(msg.playerid)){ let who = (getObj('player',msg.playerid)||{get:()=>'API'}).get('_displayname'); let whisper = ("w"===cr.exec(msg.content)[1]); let args = processInlinerolls(msg).split(/\s+/).slice(1); let diceCount = parseInt(args[0])||2; let rolls = times(diceCount,d10) .reduce((m,n)=>{ if(1 === n){ return [...m,-d10()]; } return [...m,...explode(n)]; },[]); let sum = rolls.reduce((m,n)=>m+n); sendChat(who,`${whisper ? `/w "${who}" `:''}${f.content(`Rolling ${diceCount}d10`,f.box( f.row(rolls.map(n=>f.die(n)).join(' + '), ' = ', f.sum(sum)) ))}`); } }); });