Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1

Thank you again for the update!  Would you consider including punching and kicking as a default option available on the combat tab? Just curious!
Is anyone else having problems with the automatic calculations on the sheet? Since friday I can't raise Attributes (the points go, but the stat stays on 10) and the combat rolls are not raising with the linked skill anymore. (These were the two problems I had noticed, but I don't know if there isn't any other problems).
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
PL M. said: Is anyone else having problems with the automatic calculations on the sheet? Since friday I can't raise Attributes (the points go, but the stat stays on 10) and the combat rolls are not raising with the linked skill anymore. (These were the two problems I had noticed, but I don't know if there isn't any other problems). Hi PL M.,  I couldn't recreate the issue on my character sheets and no changes were made this week. Is it happening on just one sheet, have you tried it on a different one? Sometimes reloading the browser helps. From what I've heard, on rare occasions data for the character sheet becomes corrupt causing issues. thanks, Ken
MadCoder said: Hi PL M.,  I couldn't recreate the issue on my character sheets and no changes were made this week. Is it happening on just one sheet, have you tried it on a different one? Sometimes reloading the browser helps. From what I've heard, on rare occasions data for the character sheet becomes corrupt causing issues. thanks, Ken Hi, thanks for replying. All my sheets are like this, I tried on a new one and noticed the issue. Yesterday I ran a game and tried to edit my players' sheets and had the same problem. There is also this announcement with no date only on new sheets, but the old ones are bugged as well.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
PL M. said: MadCoder said: Hi PL M.,  I couldn't recreate the issue on my character sheets and no changes were made this week. Is it happening on just one sheet, have you tried it on a different one? Sometimes reloading the browser helps. From what I've heard, on rare occasions data for the character sheet becomes corrupt causing issues. thanks, Ken Hi, thanks for replying. All my sheets are like this, I tried on a new one and noticed the issue. Yesterday I ran a game and tried to edit my players' sheets and had the same problem. There is also this announcement with no date only on new sheets, but the old ones are bugged as well. Yuck! I tried several other campaigns and they worked for me. I have a couple of ideas to try. One is to create a brand new game, see if the sheets work correctly. The other is maybe it's an issue with a browser plugin, you could test this by using a different browser. If you're using Chrome, you can try MS Edge (chromium version) or Firefox.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is there a guide anywhere to the rolltemplates in this sheet? Which rolltemplates exist, and how do you make your own rolls? What keys to use, that kind of thing.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
GiGs said: Is there a guide anywhere to the rolltemplates in this sheet? Which rolltemplates exist, and how do you make your own rolls? What keys to use, that kind of thing. Hi GiGs,&nbsp; This post should be helpful. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8766682/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8766682/</a>
I didn’t realise when you posted that the extra fields were for a roll template. I’m gonna have a look and see if it’s possible to combine skill rolls to get a neater attack for a combo technique.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
MadCoder said: GiGs said: Is there a guide anywhere to the rolltemplates in this sheet? Which rolltemplates exist, and how do you make your own rolls? What keys to use, that kind of thing. Hi GiGs,&nbsp; This post should be helpful. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8766682/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8766682/</a> It isnt really. I was looking for something describing the basics and all the settings. Something like this, but for the GURPS sheet:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5e_by_Roll20_Roll_Templates" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5e_by_Roll20_Roll_Templates</a>
Yuck! I tried several other campaigns and they worked for me. I have a couple of ideas to try. One is to create a brand new game, see if the sheets work correctly. The other is maybe it's an issue with a browser plugin, you could test this by using a different browser. If you're using Chrome, you can try MS Edge (chromium version) or Firefox. Thanks, I tried in a different browser and it worked! Thanks a lot for your help!
Quick question, is there a way to determine if a Skill or Attribute roll is a Success within the roll20 Macro Language? I'm currently trying to get the It's a Trap API to play nicely with how GURPs works since there is no "Is Equal to or less than" feature base, but I noticed that the Rolls themselves from the Sheet actually say whether or not they're a success. Is there some kind of way I can translate that into a "If Success roll X" or otherwise have it do another operation based off of it being a success?

Edited 1594751314
mrianmerry
Sheet Author
Jacob S. said: Quick question, is there a way to determine if a Skill or Attribute roll is a Success within the roll20 Macro Language? I'm currently trying to get the It's a Trap API to play nicely with how GURPs works since there is no "Is Equal to or less than" feature base, but I noticed that the Rolls themselves from the Sheet actually say whether or not they're a success. Is there some kind of way I can translate that into a "If Success roll X" or otherwise have it do another operation based off of it being a success? There is a way to do that with the roll templates that a sheet creator can ... create. I think there's no way to access this for a user of a character sheet that doesn't have a customisable template available.&nbsp; You can check out&nbsp; how to make roll templates here , if you want more info! The " {{#rollLess() &lt;rollname&gt;}} " field has the functionality that you're looking for, although it seems that you'd have to compare to the target number + 1, as it's not less than or equal to....
Do you plan to add a metric system option? In very specific cases imperial points to an encumbrance level, and metric to another.

Edited 1596139944
I recently read the article "Knowing Your Own Strength" wich changes how GURPS ST works to fix it. I've seen a fair number of people who use it, so, would be possible to make the option&nbsp;to change the ST for this? I know it's probably too much, since it changes a lot of things but I'm just asking to make it sure. Summing up the changes. Lift changes to BL = 2 lbs. x 10(ST/10).&nbsp;&nbsp;Striking Strength cost 1 point/level and Lifting Strength costs 7 points/level. The damage changes a lot, but I would have to send the table from 1-20 to show how. Again, those are big changes, and I don't know if that much people use it to be&nbsp;worth the work. But would be great for me to have it implemented, so I have at least to try ask for it, maybe more people want the same.
Igor P. said: I recently read the article "Knowing Your Own Strength" wich changes how GURPS ST works to fix it Man, I didn't know ST was the "broken" stat in GURPS 4e. What's the issue with it?&nbsp;
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It seems to me that changing striking strength to 1pt per strength point would massively break things for any game where melee damage weapons are used.
Oh lord, I missed that! Yes that would be horrendously increased compared to HP. I suppose an astute GM will be even more likely to impose some sort of cap on how many levels of Striking ST can be bought with this change.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah, it's baffling to me it puts lifting strength at 7x the cost of damaging strength, when the vast majority of players really dont care about liufting strength (except as needed to carry whatever armour and weapons they need to). Actual damage strength is so cheap under this system, pretty much every character could easily get the maximum the GM allows.
I did some digging, and it appears the article in question brings with it a revised strength table - so you wouldn't be able to continue using the old one and spend a butt ton of points to get massive damage. Here's the Revised Strength Table That said though, for my character's 20 CP currently spent on Striking ST, I'd benefit from 6d/6d+2 damage, which is more than triple what I currently have! So even with the revised table, there'd need to be some hard limits set for Striking ST purchases, I think... even for cinematic games.
Forgive me if this has been asked before and I missed it, but can the "Minimum Damage" notes section be turned off? In other words, can I go from this: to this:&nbsp; (Note: Without needing to create either a macro or an "Ability" on the character sheet, and then removing "{{minDamageNote=Min 1}}" which is how I did it here). I cannot seem to find a toggle for it (unlike, for example, the toggle for Wound Modifier Notes, as below) &nbsp;
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
The Fabulous Iron Chef said: Forgive me if this has been asked before and I missed it, but can the "Minimum Damage" notes section be turned off? In other words, can I go from this: to this:&nbsp; (Note: Without needing to create either a macro or an "Ability" on the character sheet, and then removing "{{minDamageNote=Min 1}}" which is how I did it here). I cannot seem to find a toggle for it (unlike, for example, the toggle for Wound Modifier Notes, as below) &nbsp; Hi&nbsp; The Fabulous Iron Chef &nbsp;, Yes, I can see what can be done about adding an option to turn off the minimum damage note.&nbsp; Ken
Awesome, thanks, Ken!&nbsp;
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
The Fabulous Iron Chef said: Awesome, thanks, Ken!&nbsp; I have the update ready, I'm finishing up difficult code that required a lot of refactoring of existing code. It's been taking me awhile since I only a few hours on the weekend to work on it, but I'm finally able to start ramping up time on the character sheet again.
MadCoder said: I have the update ready, I'm finishing up difficult code that required a lot of refactoring of existing code. It's been taking me awhile since I only a few hours on the weekend to work on it, but I'm finally able to start ramping up time on the character sheet again. Any chance we can get a teaser as to what to expect?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
A suggestion submitted to GitHub : [GURPS] Feature request: Hi, I'd like to request a feature for the GURPS character sheet. I would like to have an option to use the Perception and Will are separate from IQ from the MyGURPS website ( <a href="http://mygurps.com/pmwiki.php?n=Main.GURPSHouseRules" rel="nofollow">http://mygurps.com/pmwiki.php?n=Main.GURPSHouseRules</a> ), as I think it's a very used house rule (at least the folks at the SJ forums seems to like it) and I always use it myself.
Hey there. I will soon start delving into GURPS by playing some Discworld adventures with friends. Right now, we are still figuring out what is the best way to do that online and for starters, we are mainly looking for a solid environment that keeps character sheets and facilitates dice rolls and calculations. This looks like a promising thing, thanks a lot to the developers :) I was wondering how I can change the language of the sheet in Roll20? The Github repo shows a range of different language files but I honestly have no clue on where to add them. Thanks for the tips!
Hi! Not sure if this was requested or asked; Would it be possible to be able to duplicate entries besides re-arranging them or deleting them? Especially in the inventory, combat entries.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Bob T. said: Hi! Not sure if this was requested or asked; Would it be possible to be able to duplicate entries besides re-arranging them or deleting them? Especially in the inventory, combat entries. Hi Bob T.&nbsp; Just to be sure, you want to be able to select a row then click "duplicate"? That's sounds like a good idea, I'll add it to the list. Should it be an option for all the repeating tables?&nbsp; Here's a link to the issue if you want to add more details. <a href="https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/202" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/202</a> FYI If anyone else has ideas, you can review the current list on my github repo and add a new one if you like.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues</a>
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Murks M. said: Hey there. I will soon start delving into GURPS by playing some Discworld adventures with friends. Right now, we are still figuring out what is the best way to do that online and for starters, we are mainly looking for a solid environment that keeps character sheets and facilitates dice rolls and calculations. This looks like a promising thing, thanks a lot to the developers :) I was wondering how I can change the language of the sheet in Roll20? The Github repo shows a range of different language files but I honestly have no clue on where to add them. Thanks for the tips! Hi Murks M., I have the book for Discworld and enjoyed going through it, here's to good adventuring.&nbsp; Regarding languages, I have all the display content tagged for translation. The actual translations are done by Roll20's Crowdin account, but they haven't added any translations yet. I did send a request to start translating the GURPS sheet but I haven't heard anything yet. Here's how to setup your character sheet to use translations. Go to My Account , scroll down to Preferences and look for Language . Select your default language. If there's a translation sheet available for a character sheet, then it is used. NOTE: I still have to add translations for the text generated by JavaScript and Macros. This will be a massive undertaking, requiring more work than the initial translations. I've placed it on hold for now. &nbsp;
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
MadCoder said: Regarding languages, I have all the display content tagged for translation. The actual translations are done by Roll20's Crowdin account, but they haven't added any translations yet. I did send a request to start translating the GURPS sheet but I haven't heard anything yet. More accurately, character sheet translations is community-driven (just like majority of character sheet creation), Roll20 just streamlines the process through CrowdIn, where people can more easily submit translations without having to learn github and stuff like that. Roll20 does not themselves create sheet translations for community sheets, maybe note even for their own, Official sheets.
MadCoder said: FYI If anyone else has ideas, you can review the current list on my github repo and add a new one if you like.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues</a> Hohoo, I'll bookmark this page for damn sure!&nbsp;

Edited 1602561673
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone,&nbsp; Here are the updates for version 2.4.0, which should be available 10/13/2020. Combat tab: Added sub tabs for Defense, Melee, Ranged, and Tools. Preliminary updates to improving Damage and Armor sections. Combat tab -&gt; Combat Tools: Remove redundant elevation direction, replaced by simple elevation field, if you're above the target, enter a positive number. If below the target, enter a negative number. Gravity Field. Added a gravity field that can be applied to jumping distance and total inventory weight. Note: Gravity value can be updated in three places; Combat Tab -&gt; Tools, Thrown Weapon. Inventory Tab on the totals line. General tab under the Jumping feat. I'm hoping the sub tabs will make it easier to navigate between all the tables and avoid a lot of scrolling. It also sets for creating a tab to track damage by location and a more advanced Damage Resistance table. Click the image to see the animated gif.
That is looking fantastic! Can't wait to dig into it a bit more. Any chance you'd be interested in knocking up a version for Foundry as well? (I say this mostly in jest, as I'm aware you have a Pro subscription and Foundry is a hefty investment on top of that lol)
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Ian said: That is looking fantastic! Can't wait to dig into it a bit more. Any chance you'd be interested in knocking up a version for Foundry as well? (I say this mostly in jest, as I'm aware you have a Pro subscription and Foundry is a hefty investment on top of that lol) I got busted for sharing a GIT repo. There is a sheet for Foundry already, you can google it or maybe it's listed on Foundry.&nbsp;
Gah, I did wonder when your message disappeared. Yeah, I'm familiar with that project and have seen it in action, I just prefer your sheet to that one so far, and thought it might be worth a cheeky ask to see if you had any intention of making that plunge too x'D
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Ian said: Gah, I did wonder when your message disappeared. Yeah, I'm familiar with that project and have seen it in action, I just prefer your sheet to that one so far, and thought it might be worth a cheeky ask to see if you had any intention of making that plunge too x'D lol, actually I am interested in looking at it, it is geared toward developers using modern JavaScript frameworks. Roll20 is great for non-developers to create their own sheets.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone,&nbsp; Version 2.5.0 was released today. It adds a new Damage/Hit-Location sub-table to the Combat tab. This the first iteration and there are a couple of bugs I noticed that will be fixed next week. Click the image below to see an example of using the Damage sub-table.
This is for tracking damage on that character, yeah? Does it interact with the HP values as well, or will we need to manage those ourselves? It looks good, though! Will definitely make it easier to remember which limbs are crippled.

Edited 1603313498
It would be too much to ask to include thrust and swing damage values on the combat tab as well?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Ian said: This is for tracking damage on that character, yeah? Does it interact with the HP values as well, or will we need to manage those ourselves? It looks good, though! Will definitely make it easier to remember which limbs are crippled. Yes, this is for tracking damage and layers of armor. It doesn't directly interact with the current HP yet. I have to test out how it works and come up with a method that doesn't break things because you can change the current HP in several different places, including the token.&nbsp; PL M. said: It would be too much to ask to include thurst and swing damage values on the combat tab as well? Yes, that can easily be added. thanks! I created an issue for it. <a href="https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/205" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/205</a> Ken
MadCoder said: I have to test out how it works and come up with a method that doesn't break things because you can change the current HP in several different places, including the token.&nbsp; Hmmm. You know, having said that... perhaps it should just be left un-linked. I'm having cold sweats just imagining the nightmare script that you'd need to handle every possible interaction between so many different layers of code hahaha.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Ian said: MadCoder said: I have to test out how it works and come up with a method that doesn't break things because you can change the current HP in several different places, including the token.&nbsp; Hmmm. You know, having said that... perhaps it should just be left un-linked. I'm having cold sweats just imagining the nightmare script that you'd need to handle every possible interaction between so many different layers of code hahaha. LOL! Yes, exactly what I was thinking at the time, I fiddled with it and thought, "Um, not now".
Is there any way to make that original DR table a little wider? (I mean the old one, that's currently on the defense tab) Sometimes we have armor that has, for instance, DR 12(pi,cut)/5* and it just disappears into the small space.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
PL M. said: Is there any way to make that original DR table a little wider? (I mean the old one, that's currently on the defense tab) Sometimes we have armor that has, for instance, DR 12(pi,cut)/5* and it just disappears into the small space. Good idea PL M., with the new setup it's possible to increase the width of the original Hit location table. Here's the task. <a href="https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/206" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/206</a>

Edited 1603759510
Hi, does anyone else now have an issue where the sheet doesn't seem to be tracking encumbrance properly? More specifically I mean that for some reason it has stopped automatically tracking the current move properly, despite recognizing what the current encumbrance level is. I'm having this issue among all G.U.R.P.S. sheets I have, across multiple games. My players are also able to see this issue, so it isn't just on my end. Edit: Seems as though the tokens that track the current_move stat also do not reflect current move accurately
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Adam . said: Hi, does anyone else now have an issue where the sheet doesn't seem to be tracking encumbrance properly? More specifically I mean that for some reason it has stopped automatically tracking the current move properly, despite recognizing what the current encumbrance level is. I'm having this issue among all G.U.R.P.S. sheets I have, across multiple games. My players are also able to see this issue, so it isn't just on my end. Edit: Seems as though the tokens that track the current_move stat also do not reflect current move accurately Thanks Adam.&nbsp; I'll take a look to see what is happening this week. I created issue so I can track it. <a href="https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/208" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/208</a> Ken

Edited 1603767186
MadCoder said: Adam . said: Hi, does anyone else now have an issue where the sheet doesn't seem to be tracking encumbrance properly? More specifically I mean that for some reason it has stopped automatically tracking the current move properly, despite recognizing what the current encumbrance level is. I'm having this issue among all G.U.R.P.S. sheets I have, across multiple games. My players are also able to see this issue, so it isn't just on my end. Edit: Seems as though the tokens that track the current_move stat also do not reflect current move accurately Thanks Adam.&nbsp; I'll take a look to see what is happening this week. I created issue so I can track it. <a href="https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/208" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/208</a> Ken Thanks! Just wanted to add on that, bizarrely, if I select the text under ENC in the combat tab, and then click anywhere else, it seems to refresh then updates itself correctly.
Hey, I know you have this in the Skill Modifier Tool, but would it be possible to add a checkbox for skills in the Skills tab to be modified by encumbrance, even when not using the Tool? It's a modifier (Climbing, Stealth, Judo, Karate, fencing weapons; twofold for Swimming) that comes up often.