Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Turn Undead Macro Help

Edited 1597774138
Hello I am probably being dense but I'm quite new to using Macro's and I can't for the life of my figure out a macro for Turn Undead. I have it set up an Aura to show which targets will be affected, and I have used the Ammo API to count down the Channel Divinity but I can't get it to ask for the Spell Save DC roll correctly. Nor is my google-fu helping me, so anyone got one prepped? 
I'm not familiar with APIs as I have a free account, but I typically just add in a bolded statement in the text of the spell or feature I'm using to express the save DC when it pops into chat. For Turn Undead I modify the line that says, "Each Undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw" to "Each Undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a **DC @{spell_save_dc} Wisdom saving throw**" It makes that line appear in bold so it draws the eye and says what my current spell save DC is along with it

Edited 1597842385
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Here is one using the 5E atkdmg template, for a character named Bob. Just find/replace the charName. @{Bob|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{rname=Turn Undead}} {{range=30ft}} {{save=1}} {{saveattr=Wisdom}} {{savedc=[[[[(@{Bob|spell_save_dc})]][SAVE]]]}} {{desc=**=====TURN UNDEAD====** **(Range = 30ft)** As an action, you present your holy sym⁠bol and speak a prayer censuring the Undead. Each Undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is **turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage**. A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can’t willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can’t take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there’s nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.}} ammo=Channel Divinity @{Bob|charname_output}
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar