Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Size

I have the MM and am playing DnD5e. I drag an orc onto a map and get a 1x1 unit size creature. I drag a Troll or Orog onto the map and get a larger one - a 2x2 unit creature.  Is that the correct size , as I cant see a sizing in the MM to relate to it? I can understand a Troll I guess, but am less sure on an Orog.  I have already upped the sizing on most maps from 5 feet per square to 10 feet per square - and am happy to have done so as it makes a 60 range spell more relevant - and bows.  Im not sure a 20' wide troll suits me. Yes I can amend it, but before I do, I wanted to ask if it was by design . 
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The size of the token is the area it controls on the battlefield, rather than the literal size of the creature. Large creatures control a 10' square area, which is 2x2 squares on a standard grid, and each size up from there progresses to the next square size, 3x3, 4x4 etc. So yes, it is by design as per the standard grid size.