Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"See Bar 1" Is automatically turned on, and can't be turned off.

Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I still have the same problem. It is a game with the Odyssey of the Dragonlords Module. The problem is: 1. "See Bar 1" is automatically turned on, and all players can see the hitponts of the enemies. 2. In Game Settings -> Game Default Settings: I can turn off "See Bar 1" 3. Within the game, In the Apply Default Settings menu. The option for "Hide/See Bar 1" does not show up in the list. - It is definitely a bug, and not me misunderstanding the options. I know how it should function.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Some questions: How did "See bar one" get turned on? It is off by default. Did you press the "Save Defaults" button after making edits on the settings page? Do players have edit access to monsters (unlikely, I know--just trying to be thorough)? That would allow them to see the bar.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
FWIW, I am unable to duplicate this. I turned bar one visibility "on", saved the defaults, entered the game and activated the "Apply Defaults" button. I get this:
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
So when I make a new game and add the Odyssey of the Dragonlords module. See Bar 1 is activated by default. But in the apply game default settings, the option Show/Hide bar 1 is not in the list.
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I'm not behind my PC at the moment. But if it helps, I can make a video, showing exactly what is wrong 
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Here is a video where I explain the problem <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuyvHjuuv50&amp;feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuyvHjuuv50&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
Have you tried going back to Game Settings for the Odyssey Test 3 and uncheck Bar 1, then go back into the game and try Apply Default Settings again?
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Rabulias said: Have you tried going back to Game Settings for the Odyssey Test 3 and uncheck Bar 1, then go back into the game and try Apply Default Settings again? yep. The moment I uncheck bar 1, the option dissapears in the Apply Game Default settings

Edited 1597879119
That's frustrating. Try setting something else in the Game Default Settings, like Bar 1 Location to Below (leaving Bar 1 visibility to OFF). Go into the game and Apply Default Settings.and see if it applies the Bar 1 visibility setting then. If that works, you should be able to go back out and change Bar 1 Location back to Above, and apply that.

Edited 1597880569
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Jan, Thanks for the video. With these steps, I was able to duplicate the issue. You are right, this needs to be fixed. This should be escalated through a&nbsp; Help Center Request . Describe the steps and be sure to link your video and this thread.