Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add Marching Order Tool

So in games that have a tactical aspect (D&D, Pathfinder) at the actual physical table when we are not in combat we set a "marching order" as the group explores. So when combat starts we have a predefined order to adjust to fit the actual encounter. Add a tool that allows you store the groups tokens in a specific marching order or formation and then allow the GM copy the entire group in formation to the map at a specif point. This would allow the GM to quickly copy the group combat maps in order and allow the players to adjust the order. Right now the GM has to copy and paste icons from the last map or pull them from the character side bar.  This really just something to help speed up the game. :)
You can use the turn order tracker to do this. Select all the tokens in the scene and press CTRL+U and tell the players to place the number of their order next to their picture in the tracker. Then click ascending order and have each player place their token in line, in order.
Sure what if they are not in a line? It just seems like token management needs a little work to me.
Even if they are not in a line, you can use the same procedure to reproduce an order of march.
There is a script for this, if you'd like to use it. I believe it's just called Marching Order in one-click. Let's you save a formation with a specific leader token, then stores all saved formations which can be seen in the chat menu. Activate a saved formation and then move the leader token, and the tokens will get into the formation.
Ok cool I will look at the script...I guess it still feels like it should be basic system functionality. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .