Had some people quit saltmarsh via no shows for 3 weeks, wanted to pick up 2 others to supplement the 3 exited people i have. Currently the Party is level 3 and is in Saltmarsh proper, they have a deed to a ruined house and a somewhat poor condition small boat, The Sea Madien. Party has done some minor adventures around town but the main meat of it is still ahead. I cant say what will happen or whats next becauuse its up to the party (which can include you!) The two links below outline the philsophy of an OSR game. My aim is for "5th edition rules, 1st edition feel." and if you end up hating it you dont have to ghost me, just say "yo, games not for me" and move on, its ok. <a href="https://www.scribd.com/document/49286499/A-Quick-Primer-for-Old-School-Gaming" rel="nofollow">https://www.scribd.com/document/49286499/A-Quick-Primer-for-Old-School-Gaming</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRVJNkOObIU" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRVJNkOObIU</a> GAME TIME 7pm eastern, Sat nights (tonight!) Party: Triton Paladin, Tortle Fighter, Elf Wizard, level 3 currently. Current set of House Rules, likely to change and be added to. RESTING Short rest 8 hour Long rest 7 days in town. Can do downtime activity during it. See XGTE. ENCUMBRANCE Variant: Encumbrance The rules for Lifting and Carrying are intentionally simple. Here is a variant if you are looking for more detailed rules for determining how a character is hindered by the weight of Equipment. When you use this variant, ignore the Strength column of the Armor table in “Equipment.” If you carry weight in excess of 5 times your Strength score, you are encumbered, which means your speed drops by 10 feet. If you carry weight in excess of 10 times your Strength score, up to your maximum carrying Capacity, you are instead heavily encumbered, which means your speed drops by 20 feet and you have disadvantage on Ability Checks, Attack rolls, and Saving Throws that use Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution. CHAR GEN 4d6k3, 1 bonus feat, 60 bottom floor for char stats(edited) KO RULES &amp; DEATH SAVES no whack a mole. If you drop to 0hp, you're out of the combat. After the fight ends, one death save. Succeed and roll injury table, fail and die. There is a round of grace where people can stabalize you during combat, after that its save or die at the end. FLANKING If you get flanking bonus it is +2 to hit instead of full Advantage.(edited)CONCENTRATION AND ATTUNMENT Normal Concentration slot. Attunment can be used for more slots. All eggs in one basket if struck. Attunment Slots follow Prof Bonus.VULN AND RESISTANCE ON MONSTERS Expections are always a possibility. All undead are always vulnerable to radiant damage, resistant to necrotic. All giants are resistant to non-magical slashing, piercing, and bludgeoning. Mostly because I hate the idea that a normal sized longsword could do anything more than a paper cut to a huge or larger sized giant. All Shapechangers are vulnerable to silver (or moonsteel), take normal damage from magic, and are immune to non magic (except silver or moonsteel) All Fey are vulnerable to cold-iron. Because I like the idea from fairy tales and Earth's mythology. All incorporeal creatures are immune to non magical damage. All Fiends and Celestials are vulnerable to Unholy/Holy weapons and resistant to all others. IDENTIFY You need a pearl worth 100gp. The pearl is consumed. identify tells you what it does, including if it is cursed(i might forget this part) Can tell if an item is magic by sight 50% of the time (visible glow of power) by touch 90% of time(magical charge inside of it). Nystals magic aura can hide the magical signs of an item, but thats intentional by the wizard who made it - and rare. POTIONS Bonus Action or Action to use on self. Action to use on another person. SKILLS Skills are to enchance the RP of the game, not replace it. This means many skills are wholly useless, or render less useful than normal. RP &gt; Skill Rolls to ignore the interaction with the world. Example is Insight for a lie detector. If you think hes lying (and hence ask for insight) then why roll insight? You think hes a liar. There is your answer. If i accuratly describe a whole scene, instead of you rolling perception on an item (like a piano) instead of just using the roll, i describe the piano in greater detail, and you interact with that description.