Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

one-click install dependency not working?

Edited 1598381072
Angelo
API Scripter
I submitted a script (WildShape) for one click install together with another script needed as dependency (WildHelpers), but it's not working properly (i.e. is not running at all), it's complaining that it cannot find a class defined in the dependency script (WildHelpers). Are dependencies supposed to be installed automatically? Looking at the approved.yaml i see that WildShape has been added there but WildHelpers hasn't for some reason so i can't install that manually either... this is what the script.json for WildShape looks like { "name": "WildShape", "script": "WildShape.js", "version": "1.3.1", "previousversions": [], "description": "XXXXXXXXX", "authors": ["Angelo"], "roll20userid": "XXXXXXXXX", "useroptions": [], "dependencies": [ "WildHelpers" ], "modifies": { "state.WILDSHAPE": "read,write", "character.*": "read,write",     "attribute.*": "read,write",     "token.*": "read,write",     "graphic.*": "read,write" }, "conflicts": [] }
Angelo
API Scripter
i tried opening an issue on the github repository but no answer there as well, last two times i tried sending them an email it took over a month to get a reply. is there any other way to get an official response here?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I spoke with the devs about it yesterday.  The issue is that the WildHelpers script didn't get added to the approved.yaml file.  The issue has been passed to the appropriate parties.  My speculation is that it will get fixed in the next API update on Tuesday, but I'm keeping an eye on it.
Angelo
API Scripter
thank you. do you know if dependencies are installed automatically or if it's something that is just shown on the installation page?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
They are installed automatically if they are declared and the dependencies are in the 1-click install list (appoved.yaml).  You can see an example by installing "It's a Trap"

Edited 1598970241
Angelo
API Scripter
doesn't look like it was added this week either, no response at all on the issue i opened on github or here either... getting a reply over email takes well over a month, i have never seen such a terrible response from any service before, just complete radio silence, i am honestly starting to regret putting time and money into roll20
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I know this is a system they are working on revamping.  It should be improved in the future.  I'm sorry for the frustration, wish there was more I could do for it.  I've reached out through my Forum Champion channel to the devs again.

Edited 1598971518
Angelo
API Scripter
thanks for following up Aaron, wish you didn't have to use your own time and they had something in place for customer service. looks like they've added it now after you reached out again, i guess only champions are worthy of support? :)