Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Multiple 3D dice clutter screen on attack rolls in Starfinder character sheet

Title says it all really ... we're running a campaign using the Starfinder character sheet. We can click on, says, Skills or Saving Throws, and the 3D dice feature will work nicely - rolling a single d20 on screen and showing the result, plus bonuses, in the chat sidebar. However, attack and damage rolls are crazy. If I click on a particular weapon to attack, we get tonnes of 3D dice rolling across the screen. The result in the sidebar seems to pick one of those dice and use it as a result, but the view on screen is impossible to understand with so many dice cluttering the screen. Same goes for damage rolls. Is this a bug, or have I set up the character sheet attack/damage entries incorrectly?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
3D dice are fun to watch, but I would recommend turning them off. Any time you make a roll, the roller has to roll ALL the dice possible: crit damage, Advantage (for 5e) and so forth. The sheets use roll templates to hide any results that you don't need: If you don't crit, you don't see extra damage. The 3d roller is just a physics engine that runs off of the dice roll. It doesn't understand hiding dice (and probably couldn't do it, being a physics engine). So it displays all possible dice. The roll template knows which die was which, but the user has no way of telling. There has been talk of revamping the roller, but I wouldn't wait for that to happen. Until then, I'd say turn them off if they bug you.
Ah, got it. That's why I'm getting 5d20 and 10 damage dice every time. The players in our group really like 3D dice, but we'll forgo them for attacks. Thanks for your help.