Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

To non Pro Subscribers who are curious about API features. I made a Tutorial Campaign

Edited 1598480397
I hope you enjoy it. It does not require me to be active in the game - everything should be fully automated. Feedback is much appreciated. If there are automated API that I havent shown off and it's compatiable with 5e OGL - let me know, I will see if I can incorporate them to the tutorial. API Scripters - if you got somerthing that fits here - Hit me up. Any other suggestions - I am all ears. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/8363631/btGv0w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/8363631/btGv0w</a>
Updated the game listing to Pick Up Game which means, I don't need to actively invite anyone. You should be able to enter the game right away.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Great idea! You can just post the join link from inside the game, and anyone can jump in.
Updated link, I hope that's the right link.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's the right link!
Update - I've added a recall teleport to send anyone back to the first page, from whatever map they are on. My apologies - forgot if someone finished it, the player ribbon is in the last page and newcomers will be confused looking at the end of the tutorial. Now they can move back to the beginning.
Fixed some of the teleport - they were incorrectly labelled at page 8-13
Thanks for the Demo, i got some fresh idea's
Thanks a lot. Nice to see some of the things that can be done with API. Food for thought. I had a problem with teleporting out of the woods, but still got a lot out of the demo.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Phil said: Thanks a lot. Nice to see some of the things that can be done with API. Food for thought. I had a problem with teleporting out of the woods , but still got a lot out of the demo. Sounds like an adventure hook. ;)
LOL - went in and I I have no idea what I'm doing there - am I supposed to import a character or something? do I use the goblin token? I can control him (and someone else's character it seems as well", but nothing happens when I move them around all over the map, so I'm not sure. I don't know anything about APIs yet, so I thought I'd get some ideas, but instead I'm just lost, it seems - LOL
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I had a similar issue. I loaded the game. The page had some instructions about naming a teleporter, and a box to move your token into. Nothing I had control over (my token, a bandit token) seemed to trigger the teleport box.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Don't move your token - drag a token from one of the three characters in a specific group (cant remember its name).

Edited 1598563442
Started in a forest with dynamic lighting, dragged the Bandit from the pre-made characters in the journal onto the map, set vision to Day/Woods as directed and then couldn't reveal any more forest. I'm a Plus subscriber, does that break anything? This looks very intriguing!
Restarted the API - something made it crashed it seems. I'll look into the Woods page.&nbsp; Squirrel - Yes please use the goblin, orc or bandit token during the tutorial. If there is none present on the map - go into your journal and drag one into the map. I assume the game crashed cause of something unknown to me atm and thus you were unable to teleport. Keith - I checked the API and something crashed it. So it's been restarted - should work now. Dick K - can you elaborate more? never heard this issue.&nbsp;