Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Forever DM looking to start a new game on Saturday or Monday nights, 7pm Eastern

My Style is called OSR: <a href="https://www.scribd.com/document/49286499/A-Quick-Primer-for-Old-School-Gaming" rel="nofollow">https://www.scribd.com/document/49286499/A-Quick-Primer-for-Old-School-Gaming</a> Its a gritty, more real way to play. I am an experienced DM who has done many campaigns. Two that went 1-17 before ending, One went 1-15, and many others ended earlier in levels. There are of course the false-starts that occur with the internet. OSR is not the same as RAW 5e and uses a variant set of rules along with an understanding ahead of time on how the DM runs things. That said, ive been on roll20 since 2007, have tried many different styles of running things as well as different systems. Dmed things before roll20 as well. I can run Greyhawk Ebberon Faerun Ravinica Planescape Dark Matter Any 5e module Temple of Elemental Evil adventure path Queen of Spiders adventure path Barrowmaze Worlds Largest Dungeon (record holder for largest dungeon) A god of war like viking Campiagn, Journey to Ragnarok (google it) I can run game Monday or Saturday nights (and am willing to start a game on both, i regularly run 3 games a week and am down to 1 right now) Bolded ones are ones i really want to run, but im willing to run anything ATM. Resting: Gritty Rest rules in DMG (8hr short rest, 7day long rest. dungeon rest is possible, but significantly harder and typicaly means killing a large number of things to make it safe enough) Encumbrance: Variant in PHB (gradient for losing movement to weight, ties in with treasure for XP. nesaccary for it to function. its why you dont pick up every goblin sworrd) KO Rules: Go down, stay down, one death save at end of combat to save or die, one round allowed to stabalize the person and negate the same (ties into deadly combat, which encourages creative and clever Roleplay to negate the combat as well as gain access to the treasure) Treasure for XP. 1GP = 1XP. (Its how the system used to work, i borrow xp tables and other rules from it, ties into other rules.) Bonus XP for Story. I know how to cope with people trying to buy or sell magic items (both are possible). Other house rules exist, but my style is more Rulings and less Rules. The ones that are rules i have written in discord. In my most recent game, things that occurred are -party RPed with cloud giants who had a ring stolen by white dragons in a fight -RPed with dwarfs stuck in the plane of air and who didnt WANT to go to the plane of earth due to danger there, learned about Taki, the Giants, the Dragons, Griffons, and The Grues. All things relevant to the dungeon they are in. -Fought some air elementals, using RP to avoid some damage as the halfling hid from flying rocks behind the fighter. -Used an item to force the dragons to not attack and RP with them for a min. they were nearly feral white dragons, but it was an interaction. -Robbed 2 high level assassins while they were not at their residence, later tracked by them. -Pretended to be in various elemental cults to avoid combat with the inter-dungeon factions and play them against each other. Other situations i recall from other games are -Pretending to be a chair as slaves in an occupied city to avoid investigation (long story) -Riding hurt or damaged griffons into the ground using them to break the fall. -Working with a Hag to overthrow a Spirit Naga and take control of a level of a dungeon -Made alliance with Lizardfolk on behalf of a town after purging that town of 3 "haunted" locales. kinda became heros of that paticular town -RPing how you get a 10ft tall 5ft wide solid gold statue over a pit trap. How you build the pulleys and where you put the ropes to swing it over. ect. -Monk grappled a dragon as it flew into the air beating it in the eye to blind it and then monk slowfell into trees to dodge it ------------------------ Now, if you read and or are interested, i am mostly looking for pre-made player groups. I am willing to pickup single players to make a group, but if that is the case then we will be playing in Barrowmaze, an undead oriented mega dungeon so that we are not debating what to play and unable to come to an agreement. If the group wants to do a diff thing i will do so, but Barrowmaze will be the default if no agreement is had on an alternative.

Edited 1598652541
Hi, I'm available both Mondays and Saturdays.&nbsp; I'd be very interested in taking on Barrowmaze! From what I understand, it was made for OSR's grittier style of play. This is my first attempt at Roll20 and online play, but I've been playing D&amp;D since the early 80's. Please check out my bio for more info. Adam
hey adam, DM me your discord and ill add you to sat server and see who else i can find. or just add me, im Treetop#6820
Hey, the Gritty rules and such sounds awesome, and timeline for Saturdays is good, however im a fairly new player and not very versed with any particular rules or versions. Would that be a major issue?
not at all squirrel, as long as you can operate roll20 dice and a sheet you will be fine
I would absolutely be interested in playing with such a well versed DM. I DM’d for a year and I’m really looking to be a player and I’m looking for a DM that has been around and knows what’s going on.
squirell and connor G, go ahead and add Treetop#6820 to your discords. or anyone else whos interested.
at this point its shaping up to be barrowmaze, a game in the Dutchy of Aeirk around the town of Helix. There is adventure to be had in the various locales of the Barrowmoor, as well as in the barrows themself.&nbsp; Locations include The Thornswild A dry forest of thorny plants, filled with hostile elves who keep to themself. The trees themselfs bear large thorns, it is also home to Wyverns, Perytons, Manticores, Griffons, and many more. The Moon Peaks Twin peaks of a mountain with a valley that, for some reason, attracts large numbers of "moon strikes". Moonsteel is magical in nature and easily takes enchantments. The Blackened Forest A forest of trees turned black by the peat of the barrowmoor. Filled with spiders, there is a large tower with a green flame burning ontop seen from outside the forest. There is much more beyond spiders. Spiders is what you hope you find. The Moorwash, Blackwater, and Merisc Rivers The moorwash floods the area, and many things use it as a watersource. Lizardfolk, Orcs, Giants, Dragons, Wyverns, and more. The Blackwater is a large black river filled with lizardfolk who are quite hostile. The merisc is similar, but with Froglings, who are marginally nicer. There are more areas and towns, then the main feature is the Barrow Mounds. 100+ small crypts to explore and a large mega dungeon to explore with over a dozen entry ways. its a huge sandbox.
Hello, if you are still looking for players I am interested in learning more.
I'd love to join in on this, It seems like a lot more fun and interesting than a regular DND sesh.&nbsp;
Experienced player, i currently have a group on Saturdays at 7pm but open to any time before or after as well as free on mondays
I haven't done 5e yet but if you're looking to do a Monday night crew I'd love to fill a spot for a long term group.
sorry to all who replied, i got super busy if you want to play at this point i can do mondays, add treetop#6820 on discord and tell me your from this thread for monday night barrowmaze
i currently have no one for it as i didnt reply to anyone, right after making the post my workload exploded at work, now its dying down and i can reeply