Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Who Do We Report Compendium/Rule Expansion Deficiencies To (Call of Cthulhu Keeper Rulebook/Harlem Unbound)?

I'm staying positive about this, because there have been major steps forward on Call of Cthulhu support in Roll20, but I'm a bit frustrated with Chaosium's products on Roll20. It's great that there's now Drag and Drop and new functionality in terms of Character Creation, but I feel like whoever's putting together the paid product in the Roll20 store needs a few pointers. We have Monster entries in the Bestiaries that have no token art, the art that IS there is put into descriptions and thus needs to be downloaded and re-uploaded into the library, new Professions in Harlem Unbound that aren't broken out for Charactermancer use, blank maps in a paid product, and honestly, less than a quarter of all the characters in the 13 total CoC scenarios have any art at all. I feel like, if they're going to charge the same price for the Roll20 content as for the physical book (and charge those of us who own the physical books 2 and even 3 times for the same content), there needs to be a bit more effort put into the Roll20 version. Does anyone know if the Roll20 packaging is done by Chaosium or Roll20?

Edited 1598661756
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Is there art or maps in the physical book that cannot be found in the module? Roll20 can only use what they are given. Usually, problems with a new product are reported in an official feedback thread. In the absence of one, the procedure is to file a  Help Center Request . The issue will be ticketed and directed to the proper person.
That makes some sense in one case (many of the various mooks in Harlem Unbound aren't pictured in the physical book, but Chaosium has such a huge library of almost stock art that I would be surprised if they wouldn't cough some up). But there's a ton of art in the Keeper's rulebook that made into monster Compendium Entries, but never got made into tokens. I've been rolling my own with Token Stamp, but it seems like I shouldn't have to after spending $140 on product I already own in the physical and PDF versions. Thanks for the pointer on the Help Center, though. I'll open a ticket up there for it. I love the resources for the game being available, but I want them to be the best they can be.
i'm surprised the pictures that are there and available weren't made into tokens.  this was done with D&D 5E resources.
I kind of understand; Call of Cthulhu is a massively  less popular game than 5E, so resources are limited. When the Keeper rulebook first released, it was essentially a breakdown of the PDF version into handouts, so there's been massive progress. If we all keep working at it, though, things get better. A fact of life is that, as a Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu and PbtA player, the stuff we get is never as nice as what the big guys get; we're used to it by now.