Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds Burst and Cone Templates

I've been getting a lot of PMs requesting the Cone and Burst Templates for Savage Worlds. I'd originally asked to be PM'd because I hadn't put the templates up on my website yet, but I have now. Anyone who needs the Savage Worlds Templates (including Turn Templates) can download them at: <a href="http://www.geeksville.us/gameaids/SW_BurstTemplate" rel="nofollow">http://www.geeksville.us/gameaids/SW_BurstTemplate</a>... It's a single .zip file to make things easier. The zip file also contains semi-transparent versions of each template to make using them on the tabletop a little easier. All the templates have been sized for a 70x70 pixel grid. I've found that when dragging them from your Tokens library to the Token Layer Roll20 will resize them to fit within one square. That kind of annoys me, so the workaround I use is to drag them to the GM's Layer. When dragging them to this layer, the Tokens retain their proper size. Then I just move the templates to the Tokens Layer so that others can interact with them. I hope this helps, Rich
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Regarding dragging to GM layer to avoid resizing: that's an EXCELLENT tip, and I will use it for some many things.
Something else you can do (especially if they get used often enough) is to make a character named "Burst Template" and set the default token to a correctly sized template. That way, you can just drag it over when needed and delete it when finished.
I imagine similar could be done with a rollable table containing 'sides' with tokens for each template shape; allowing for a single object containing all your templates.
Dave and Mark - those are cool ideas too...I'll need to mess around with that and see which I like more. :)