Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Initiative

I've been trying to get Group Init to work properly, but it's not calculating Dex bonuses or any other bonuses for that matter.  I'm using the D&D 5E Community Contributed character sheet and suspect THAT might be the problem.  But I'm not sure.  Anyone have any assistance they can lend to someone just dipping their feet in the Macro/API worlds?  Thanks! !group-init-config --apply-standard-config|dnd5eogl

Edited 1600036350
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I think the only sheets with automatic configurations are the D&D 5E by Roll20 (which you have selected in your config snippet) and the 5E shaped sheet. Looks like you will have to create a stat group for the community sheet you are using. I haven't done this before, but this seems to be the relevant part of the --help: Commands for Stat Groups Stat Groups are the method through which GroupInitiative knows what to do to create the initiative value for a token. Generally, they will be some combination of attributes and adjustments to look up on each token and character. !group-init --add-group --<adjustment> [arguments] [--add-group --<adjustment> [arguments] | ...] Adds a new Bonus Stat Group to the end of the list. Each adjustment operation can be followed by another adjustment operation, but eventually must end in an attriute name . Adjustment operations are applied to the result of the adjustment operations that follow them. Available Stat Adjustment Options: stat-dnd  -- Calculates the bonus as if the value were a DnD Stat. negative  -- Returns the negative version of the stat bare  -- No Adjustment. floor  -- Rounds down to the nearest integer. tie-breaker  -- Adds the accompanying attribute as a decimal (0.01) ceiling  -- Rounds up to the nearest integer. token_bar  -- Takes the bonus from the numbered bar on the token. Use 1, 2, or 3. Defaults to 0 in the absense of a number. token_bar_max  -- Takes the bonus from the max value of the numbered bar on the token. Use 1, 2, or 3. Defaults to 0 in the absense of a number. token_aura  -- Takes the bonus from the radius of the token aura. Use 1 or 2. Defaults to 0 in the absense of a number. For example:  --Bounded:-2:2 --Stat-DnD wisdom|max  would first computer the DnD Stat bonus for the max field of the wisdom attribute, then bound it between  -2  and  +2 . Sean J. said:  I'm using the D&D 5E Community Contributed character sheet and suspect THAT might be the problem. !group-init-config --apply-standard-config|dnd5eogl
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You'll need to remove the current Bonus Stat Groups (hit the X next to them in the help), then add a new one as David said. It should be something like: !group-init --add-group --bare initiative --tie-breaker initiative but the name of the attribute is probably different.