Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro's appeared out of no where?

On a game where my friend is the DM, we had 3 weeks off and when we came back there were 10 new macro's on the Show as Token Action. Our DM said he didn't add them and was questioning how we did it. Our friend who was messing around with a lot of 'making his own macros' didn't add them. They're macros for spells and cantrips but you click on your token, click a macro, pick a target then pick your spell / level of spell and in chat it adds a really nice looking boarder with cool description of "Player X attacking Enemy Y" and the spell casted (It doesn't properly add damage to higher level spells)&nbsp; This is what they new macro's look like: t Cast-Cantrip In Bar t Cast-L1 In Bar t Cast-L2 In Bar t Cast-L3 In Bar t Cast-L4 In Bar t Cast-L5 In Bar t Cast-L6 In Bar t Cast-L7 In Bar t Cast-L8 In Bar t Cast-L9 In Bar I can't click on the macros to see the code used and I really want to know where this came from so I can use it on my game that I have about to start. Does anyone know how this came about or where I Can find it? Is it an API? No one claims to know where these came from so I cant ask anyone in my group.&nbsp; Ancalagor the Red casts [phb] Hellish Rebuke against Elvonzee S'chelf <div class="userscript-showtip userscript-tipsy" original-title="PowerCard sent by: Ancalagor" style="box-sizing: content-box; min-width: 150px; font-family: georgia; font-size: 1.2em; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; letter-spacing: 2px; vertical-align: middle; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 0px 0px; border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-shadow: rgb(0, 0, 0) -1px -1px 0px, rgb(0, 0, 0) 1px -1px 0px, rgb(0, 0, 0) -1px 1px 0px, rgb(0, 0, 0) 1px 1px 0px; background-color: rgb(0, 68, 0); background-image: linear-gradient(rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3), rgba(255, 255, 255, 0));">[phb] Hellish Rebuke Save DC 13 ♦ 60 feet Description &nbsp;You point your finger, and the creature that damaged you, is momentarily surrounded by hellish flames. The creature must make a Dex save. Fail: 2d10 fire dmg Success: 1/2 dmg This is what the macro looks like when used. If anyone has an idea. I REAAALLLYY want this in my game lol
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The last time this was reported, someone was using a VTT browser extension, which added a bunch of macros to everyone. So I'd check if anyone is using a browser extension.

Edited 1601331062
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
The GM should be able to access the code in these macros in order to share with you. Looks like it might be using the Powercards API script. If so, it can do a lot more than just displaying the spell description, including doing the rolls for you, adding conditional logic (if this, then that), calling other api scripts, etc.
I found out through youtube videos that it was Powercard API (Along with powercard macro helper API) and I fixed an issue where spell lists weren't properly showing on their casted spell lvl macro. I am unaware of what else it can do other than the cast spells / cantrip. Will have to look into / find where the info is. The only problem I have now is lower level spells that can be casted at a higher level won't show on higher level spell lists. Which isn't a huge issue, the PC can cast the lower level spell then add the extra dice for higher level spells.

Edited 1601331642
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Here is some documentation for powercards. Be warned, it's a lot. I believe there are some recent active threads on the API forum discussing the very issue of powercards and upcasting. EDIT - I was right! Unfortunately, I now see that it was actually *your* api forum thread I was thinking about :)
Yea ... I didn't mean to have 2 threads but this one was asking what this was and how it was in our game. The other thread was direct questions about the API itself. Starting to think I should delete this thread (If that works by deleting the first post ... usually does in forums)