Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Powercards spell level not working

Edited 1601328815
New to API and have no idea what means what in the scripts and codes. I'm trying to use power cards, I have the API along with powercards helper. Casting cantrips and level 1 spells show the proper spells in that category of spell list. Trying to cast level 2 - 9 spells only shows level 1 spells in the list. How do I make it so casting a level 2 spell from the API shows the level 2 spells and the level 1 spells that can be casted at level 2. Same with casting level 3 spells and having level 1 - 3 spells on the list that can be casted at level 3. Really liking the API but is slightly pointless if only level 1 spells can be casted and still having to go to character sheet for level 2+ spells Edit: There are spells in the spell list I am trying to cast as well as taking an Archmage from the compendium and trying to use their higher level spells which doesn't show on the cast-spell list.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
it's impossible to help with fixing your macro if you don't show what what powercard macros you have written/used. Have you looked at the wiki page? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/PowerCards" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/PowerCards</a>

Edited 1601330838
I have PowerCards From the Roll20 API library and the PowerCards macro helper from the Roll20 API Library. edit: After posting a couple of the script codes I read through them and noticed it said 1_spell_list (or something similar) on all the codes. I switched the 1 to the number of the spell list and it worked properly. Never look at a code and didn't realize I had the common sense to noticed a mistake.&nbsp; I do find it slightly odd that an API on Roll20 library would have a mistake like this, maybe I am the only one that uses it? lol Whoever made that API might want to know there's a very small mistake in the codes and possibly fix it?&nbsp; edit:&nbsp; However the lower spell levels that can be casted at a higher spell doesn't show on the list, not sure if I can fix this from the character sheet spell list or if there's another code to add to the macro that would show spells that can be casted at a higher levels while keeping the spells out of the list that cant be casted at a higher levels from that lower spell list I am trying to add to the higher spell list. Sorry bout the mouthful of words :P
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
Due to a bug that makes all of the Cast-L* macros show the character's first level spell (oops) I've put an update on the Development GIST for PCMHelper and will work on getting it to OneClick. This issue&nbsp; CAN BE FIXED &nbsp;in game without updating the API by going to the CAST-L2 thru CAST-L9 macros and modifying the following line (first line after !power{{ : --replacespell|@{selected|character_id}|?{Spell to Cast|@{selected|l1_spell_list}} and changing the attribute reference to the right attribute (l2_spell_list for level 2, l3_spell_list for level 3, etc.) Sorry about the inconvenience&nbsp;:(&nbsp; The Development GIST is located here :&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/kjaegers/d73e276e3a5f5b56e197abba441dc0d2" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/kjaegers/d73e276e3a5f5b56e197abba441dc0d2</a> For the higher level casting, you need to select the level of the actual spell and then will be prompted if you want to cast it using a higher level slot (so, to cast Cure Wounds with a 4th level slot, select the CAST-L1 macro, pick Cure Wounds, and select 4th level in the next popup.)

Edited 1601337386
I managed to figure out the spell_list # is what was misplaced. Now nothing shows in chat, I made no changes, deleted and re-added the 2 Powercard API's but nothing shows in chat anymore. i can chose spell, level, target and then nothing shows up in chat. API's dont get along with me. Never had such a headache trying to do something fun. (Not so much this API but still problems I can't solve alone) Thanks for the reply though, mr.scripter. Added Powercards / macro helper on a completely different campaign that I just made and it does not show anything in chat anymore. I don't know why roll20 hates me and now no spells show up in the spell list .......... little by little this is not working. !power {{ --replacespell|@{selected|character_id}|?{Spell to Cast|@{selected|l1_spell_list}} --inlinereplace|SSL|?{Spell Slot Level?|2,0|3,1|4,2|5,3|6,4|7,5|8,6|9,7} --replaceattrs|S-|@{selected|character_id} --replaceattrs|T-|@{target|character_id} --replacement|Advantage &nbsp; &nbsp; --template|Basics|@{selected|token_id};@{target|token_id};casts ~SP-NAME$;~SP-NAME$;Save DC ~S-SSDC$;~SP-RANGE$;@{selected|whispertoggle} --template|SpellCast|~@{selected|rtype}$;@{selected|whispertoggle} &nbsp; }} This is the code from the default PowerCard on the new campaign that shows "spell-list" where the spells should be. I have no idea how this is no longer working at all.