Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Heavy RP, Theatrical Campaign | The Scoundrels

Edited 1601403189
Kal
Pro
Hi everyone! Kal from the Plunge In Dungeon here: twitch.tv/plungeindungeon (Come check it out if you're interested in seeing my general DM style.) I'm starting a new campaign which will be streamed. We will not  be playing D&D5e, instead I've come across an exciting, and more narrative driven system called, "Blades in the Dark." If you're interested, check out the answers to the "5 questions." The What: The setting is "industrial steampunk fantasy." Imagine a darker world than Dishonored , more supernatural beings like ghosts, demons and vampires. Factions vying for power within a walled off city, and you will be playing a "Scoundrel." Thieves that can uncover dark secrets, saving the city or perhaps building the most powerful criminal organization instead. Combat is streamlined and player narrative driven, and I expect the roleplay to take center stage. The Who: I'm looking for players who value the theatrical over mechanics. Players who can create complicated characters with flaws, and roleplay them as well. But I also want players who can separate their person from their character, regardless of the drama that unfurls. (Knowing all the rules and being a "experienced or veteran" player in the system does not give you bonus points.) The Why: If you're like me, then I bet you're already in a campaign or two already. Depending on your GM, the games are casual and fun perhaps. I know mine are. Roleplay is involved, and it's great but right when combat  hits, the mechanics kick in and it's a game at that point.  I want to play in a story, where roleplay is the main stage and everything else supplements the player's choices through their characters. Not based on the numbers that represent their characters but the characters themselves. This means less stat checking, less mechanical "skill checks." The How: Roll20. Discord for voice. No webcams, but great Mic quality please! Possible character art? (We'll see.)  I'll be running up to 4 one shots, every week on the same timeframe of the campaign. By the end of the 4 one shots, we'll gather the players that showed the best chemistry and start the campaign.  If you're interested, add me on Discord: Kal#7666 The When: The timeframe is Wednesdays @ 7pm to 10pm EST   or    Fridays @ 7pm to 10pm EST. Depending on which date is the most convenient. The one shots will be held on either dates.  Hopefully, I do not come off as being too picky or something. I've been DMing for a little bit now, was able to hold the same group for years and I want to do the same thing with this new campaign... but with less amount of time. I understand that it won't be perfect but as long as the group meshes well and has fun together, that's all I'm looking for. If you'd like to join one of the one shot slots, please add me on Discord: Kal#7666. Thanks! May your blades stay sharp, Scroundrel.
Sent you a friend request on Discord DocMysterio#5095