Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trying to use Torch/Flicker API script

Hi! I've been getting into API's an macros I had some initial successes! But I ran into some issues with the script I'm most excited about about, The Aaron's torch/flicker script. I searched and saw this post here Which explained my issue in much better detail! But even when I've: Used the @{target|Target 1|token_id} command correctly to find said token id applied it as the post said, trying out: !torch 40 20 yes -KuGvRRR8tOG1EDIOaKU and !flicker-on 40 20 yes -MJcxbtq_y3Mu1OhyByT and even just !flicker-on -MJcxbtq_y3Mu1OhyByT I get zero results, zero lights, zero flicker. I've tried making a copy of my game applying the script, tried using a character token, tried using a random token, all to no avail. I do have dynamic lighting on of course and each time a drop a token I check the token id to make sure it correct.... SO, at this point I need some help, possibly from brilliant minds like @The Aaron himself if possible, to show me the very stupid thing I must be doing wrong! Thanks for any and all help, just trying to be a cool DM over here!
Not sure if it helps, but this is my macro for a torch: !torch 8 -1 1 @{target|Lichtquelle|token_id} !flicker-on 3 2 1 @{target|Lichtquelle|token_id} I noticed i used "1" instead of "yes". The help for the script states it should not matter though. Do you use the new or the old dynamic lighting? This script is for legacy (old) dynamic lighting. And - stating the obvious - is the API running?
My macro for a torch is even simpler! It's just...  !torch That's it. Then I set it to appear in my macro bar. If someone needs a torch, I select their token, hit the Torch macro button... and it works. Simple as that. I also have a !snuff macro as well. It works for !flicker-on as well. I had to stop using flicker, though, because it really slowed the whole system down. I guess it's resource-intensive. Of course, just saying !torch is going to give you the default setting... 40 total, 20 bright, 20 dim, 360, players can see. If you want to tweak it, well, I can't specifically help there.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Torch currently only works with Legacy Dynamic Lighting. Are you trying to use it with an Updated Dynamic Lighting map page?