Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Interest check - For New Players D&D 5E [FREE] Monday or Tuesday 8:30pm CST

Edited 1603154321
I'm thinking of running a game for brand new players. 1-shot with a chance for more. Will be using D&D Essentials Box material (Dragon of Icespire Peak) and a simplified version of Forgotten Realms. Would be great to have a group of 4, friendly players who are open to learning the rules together. Player's should have access to either the basic rules (the free pdf) or the Player's Handbook and that's all we'll be using for character options.  If there are any new, aspiring TTRPGers, that's who I'm hoping to reach.  Also, ages 18+. My games tend to take on more gritty/pseudo realistic themes and less gonzo cartoony.   
I for one would definitely have an interest! As someone who has watched a lot about it but never played I think it would be great oppurtunity.
Cool! We'll see if we get any more takers. 
I've played a fair bit of 5E before but would still be down to join if you have space.

Edited 1603156245
Jared M. said: I've played a fair bit of 5E before but would still be down to join if you have space. For experienced players levels 1 and 2 can feel a bit bland, so if you don't mind the intro aspect of the game I can put you on the list. 
Hey I would love to join in. I've only played like 2 sessions in a campaign and would love to learn more.  
Ari K. said: Jared M. said: I've played a fair bit of 5E before but would still be down to join if you have space. For experienced players levels 1 and 2 can feel a bit bland, so if you don't mind the intro aspect of the game I can put you on the list.  That's fine with me. I've not had much experience past that point.
Tyler, Joesph, Jerad so far.  Would tomorrow night work for you guys? 8:30-11:00pm CST? 
9:30 PM to midnight EST? I can do that
Tomorrow works for me, also on CST
Yeah works for me 
Hello! I would definitely be interested! Would you be open to something like a discord group greeting by chance? Please dm me if you’d like myself as a player!

Edited 1603179544
Hello! I am very intersetd in this! If you would like, you could add me because I do really want to participate in this. I'm a newbie and want to learn enouhg to DM myself over many games. I have some experience with 5e., bu you'll have to be patient with me.
So we have Jared, Tyler, Joseph and Chis who DMed. Can you guys DM me your email please?  Ben and Axiom on a waitlist. Can you guys stay tuned to the thread. It's very likely a spot opens up. 
Thanks for the emails. We're still planning on 8:30 CST today. We will make characters and stuff together and dive in Phandalin. For folks on waitlist please stay tuned. 
I'm very new to this and also am very interested in playing and learning. If you can add me to the waitlist, that would be great.
Hey! I'd be interested if you need some more folks for the waitlist/b-team.  No roll20 or discord experience and only played AD&D a little in middle school (during the Reagan administration).
You about my age Michael. I'll add you guys. 
Hey sorry guys. Feeling under the weather. Who's around tomorrow night, same time? 
I should be able to make that 
That works, what are we planning to use for voice?
I'll be there 

Edited 1603307159
Discord/Roll20 work for everyone?  Using a headset is highly recommended. 
Jared had something come up, but Tyler and Joseph, you guys still want do a game tonight?
Link for the discord is in the campaign page on roll20. If you have an invite you should be able to access.