Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Remarkable Athlete bonus

How do I add the bonus from Remarkable Athlete to my character sheet so that the bonus will update as stats change? I read a couple posts that google popped up when I queried "Roll20 Remarkable Athlete" <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/671114/maths-in-character-attributes/?pageforid=738760#post-738760" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/671114/maths-in-character-attributes/?pageforid=738760#post-738760</a> &nbsp;seems to suggest that I could use (ceil(@{name|pb}/2)) My character's name is Ghrol Greenleaf, so&nbsp;(ceil(@{Ghrol Greenleaf|pb}/2)). Also, where would I place this?&nbsp; I tried editing stealth_bonus, stealth_prof and&nbsp;stealth_type, but none of those fields work.

Edited 1603251062
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're using a chat menu or a drop-down macro for your ability checks, this can be done so it won't be overwritten when sheetworkers trigger. Directly through the sheet is difficult, because you're dealing with a conditional on a per-ability, per-skill calculation. There are two ways to handle this, depending on whether you want it simplified (rolled into the [PROF] part of the tooltip) or a separate calculation (more obvious when it's in use). Separate: [[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|dexterity_mod}[DEX] + @{selected|acrobatics_prof}[PROF] + [[abs(ceil(@{selected|acrobatics_prof}/100)-1)*ceil(@{selected|pb}/2)]][RA] ]] [[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|strength_mod}[STR] + @{selected|athletics_prof}[PROF] + [[abs(ceil(@{selected|athletics_prof}/100)-1)*ceil(@{selected|pb}/2)]][RA] ]] And combined: [[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|dexterity_mod}[DEX] + {[[@{selected|acrobatics_prof}]][PB],[[ceil(@{selected|pb}/2)]][RA]}k1]] [[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|strength_mod}[STR] + {[[@{selected|athletics_prof}]][PB],[[ceil(@{selected|pb}/2)]][RA]}k1]] If you're rolling directly off the sheet though, there's not really anywhere on the sheet you can put this without it being overwritten. The simplest sheet-only solution is to use the flat modifiers in the settings tab, but you will need to update this manually as those fields don't accept any math or Attribute calls. There's also the issue with straight Ability Checks - we don't have anywhere to edit these on the sheet, and the modifiers that should affect them, currently do not. Remarkable Athlete should be increasing your straight Ability Checks, including Initiative as it's a Dex check. The fact that the sheet currently treats Ability Checks as "Skill Checks" (hint: these don't exist) is a fundamental flaw that has never been fixed. Things like the Stone of Good Luck cannot be properly represented on the sheet, and we have a "global skill mod" field, even though it should be a "global ability check mod" field. TL:DR - the sheet is borked, and you need to use custom macros to properly represent Remarkable Athlete. If you don't care about the straight Ability Checks, you can use the flat bonuses to manually set the number for your non-proficient Skills and Initiative bonus.

Edited 1603481922
[[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|dexterity_mod}[DEX] + @{selected|acrobatics_prof}[PROF] + [[abs(ceil(@{selected|acrobatics_prof}/100)-1)*ceil(@{selected|pb}/2)]][RA] ]] [[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|strength_mod}[STR] + @{selected|athletics_prof}[PROF] + [[abs(ceil(@{selected|athletics_prof}/100)-1)*ceil(@{selected|pb}/2)]][RA] ]] TL:DR - the sheet is borked, and you need to use custom macros to properly represent Remarkable Athlete. If you don't care about the straight Ability Checks, you can use the flat bonuses to manually set the number for your non-proficient Skills and Initiative bonus. I assume I have to write a macro for each ability check that should be getting the Remarkable Athlete bonus?&nbsp; (Stealth, Slight of Hand, etc....)
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want it to calculate automatically so you won't have to change it again - yes, that's correct. A few examples&nbsp; (replace "bob" with your character name). Chat menu : /w bob &amp;{noerror}&amp;{template:npcaction}{{rname=**@{bob|character_name} Ability Check**}} {{description=**Ability Checks**: [Strength](~bob|strength) / [Dexterity](~bob|dexterity) / [Constitution](~bob|constitution) [Intelligence](~bob|intelligence) / [Wisdom](~bob|wisdom) / [Charisma](~bob|charisma)}} or a drop down Query if you'd rather not spam your own chat with a full menu: /w bob [Roll ?{Ability?|Strength|Dexterity|Constitution|Acrobatics|Athletics|Stealth}](~bob|?{Ability?}) Then the macros would look something like this. Ability checks: @{bob|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{strength-u}}} {{mod=[[@{bob|strength_mod}[STR]+[[ceil(@{bob|pb}/2)]][RA]]]}} {{r1=[[@{bob|d20}+@{bob|strength_mod}[STR] + [[ceil(@{bob|pb}/2)]][RA]]]}} @{bob|rtype}+@{bob|strength_mod}[STR]+ [[ceil(@{bob|pb}/2)]][RA]]]}} {{global=@{bob|global_skill_mod}}} @{bob|charname_output} And skills: @{bob|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{acrobatics-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[@{bob|acrobatics_bonus}]] + [[abs(ceil(@{bob|acrobatics_prof}/100)-1)*ceil(@{bob|pb}/2)]][RA]]]}} {{r1=[[@{bob|d20}+@{bob|acrobatics_bonus}[ACROBATICS] + [[abs(ceil(@{bob|acrobatics_prof}/100)-1)*ceil(@{bob|pb}/2)]][RA]]]}} @{bob|rtype}+@{bob|acrobatics_bonus}[ACROBATICS] + [[abs(ceil(@{bob|acrobatics_prof}/100)-1)*ceil(@{bob|pb}/2)]][RA]]]}} {{global=@{bob|global_skill_mod}}} @{bob|charname_output} They're slightly different because straight ability checks don't have a @{strength_prof} Attribute to check, since you cannot be proficient in them. If you saved the above two macros as strength and acrobatics on your character sheet under the Abilities tab, you can call them with a full Chat Menu containing every Skill &amp; Ability. If a custom Ability exists, it will use that. If it doesn't it will roll off the sheet. So as long as you follow the naming convention from the sheet, you can use a full chat menu: and only need to make the macros where the math is different - the rest will roll straight from the sheet. Hope that helps.

Edited 1603579760
I like the dropdown query method. I tried adding Initiative to that menu, and it mostly works. I created an ability called "initiative" and reused the Ability Checks macro.&nbsp; I also added the turn tracker code.&nbsp; Not sure I put it in the correct spot. /w Ghrol Greenleaf [Roll ?{Ability?|Strength|Dexterity|Constitution|Acrobatics|Athletics|Stealth|Initiative}](~Ghrol Greenleaf|?{Ability?}) @{Ghrol Greenleaf|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{initiative-u}}} {{mod=[[@{Ghrol Greenleaf|initiative_bonus}[INIT]+[[ceil(@{Ghrol Greenleaf|pb}/2)]][RA]]]}} {{r1=[[@{Ghrol Greenleaf|d20}+@{Ghrol Greenleaf|initiative_bonus}[INIT] + [[ceil(@{Ghrol Greenleaf|pb}/2)]][RA] &amp;{tracker}]]}} @{Ghrol Greenleaf|rtype}+@{Ghrol Greenleaf|initiative_bonus}[INIT]+ [[ceil(@{Ghrol Greenleaf|pb}/2)]][RA]]]}} {{global=@{Ghrol Greenleaf|global_skill_mod}}} @{Ghrol Greenleaf|charname_output} The only issue, thus far, is the name of the roll (for Initiative only) as it appears in the party chat doesn't look right as it's small and red versus Bold and Black. (I'm testing outside normal gameplay, so my GM isn't here to turn on the turn tracker) ******EDIT******* Found the mistake, the variable name of Initiative on the sheet is "init-u".&nbsp; I fixed it so the code for rolling Initiative with Remarkable Athlete bonus included is now: @{Ghrol Greenleaf|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{mod=[[@{Ghrol Greenleaf|initiative_bonus}[INIT]+[[ceil(@{Ghrol Greenleaf|pb}/2)]][RA]]]}} {{r1=[[@{Ghrol Greenleaf|d20}+@{Ghrol Greenleaf|initiative_bonus}[INIT] + [[ceil(@{Ghrol Greenleaf|pb}/2)]][RA] &amp;{tracker}]]}} @{Ghrol Greenleaf|rtype}+@{Ghrol Greenleaf|initiative_bonus}[INIT]+ [[ceil(@{Ghrol Greenleaf|pb}/2)]][RA]]]}} {{global=@{Ghrol Greenleaf|global_skill_mod}}} @{Ghrol Greenleaf|charname_output} Found that on a post about Rolling Initiative for All Tokens at Once .
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah yep, those init-u tags are for translation&nbsp; -if you ever have trouble with them and don't plan on using your macros for other languages you can just type "initiative". Also worth mentioning that Initiative will not work like all other rolls in regards to two rolls. The turn tracker can only accept a single value, so it will either ignore {{r2}} (currently part of @{rtype}), or it will overwrite {{r1}} with {{r2}} on the tracker. The way around this is to use a manual Advantage Query in the one roll: @{Ghrol Greenleaf|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{mod=[[@{Ghrol Greenleaf|initiative_bonus}[INIT]+[[ceil(@{Ghrol Greenleaf|pb}/2)]][RA]]]}} {{r1=[[?{Advantage?|Normal,1d20|Advantage,2d20k1|Disadvantage,2d20kl1}+@{Ghrol Greenleaf|initiative_bonus}[INIT] + [[ceil(@{Ghrol Greenleaf|pb}/2)]][RA] &amp;{tracker}]]}} {{normal=1}} {{global=@{Ghrol Greenleaf|global_skill_mod}}} @{Ghrol Greenleaf|charname_output} Also worth noting that the macro will currently appear to run successfully, but not update the tracker, if you run it without your token selected (as the tracker runs off token_ids, not character_ids). There are two ways around this: - replace the character name references with @{selected|...} calls, so the macro errors if no token is selected - add it to your Attributes &amp; Abilities tab as a Token Action, so the button only appears in the top macro bar if you have your token selected