Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DMDave Bug Reporting

Edited 1592437360
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks for checking out DMDave's Adventures on Roll20!!! This thread is for anyone who finds any errors or bugs in the Roll20 versions for any of DMDave's content. If you find a bug or have any technical issues, let us know by posting here in this thread. Adventure: Name of the Adventure you are reporting Technical Issue: A description of the technical issues you are encountering Thanks again! We look forward to bringing more content to the Roll20 Marketplace, and ensuring that every single item is up to the quality and standards to the VTT space!
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi DMDave. Congrats on the Marketplace releases. Is there a content discussion / promotional / Q&A thread for this, that's not bug questions? Can & will look through the module Descriptions on Marketplace. Just feeling like reading about the overall product line since there seems to be quite a new modules out at once.
Grabbed "The Tomb of the Kirin-Born Prince" from the marketplace, created a game, added it on and confirmed it went through, but there is no map included. Pic Related

Edited 1593724918
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
B B. said: Grabbed "The Tomb of the Kirin-Born Prince" from the marketplace, created a game, added it on and confirmed it went through, but there is no map included. Pic Related We can confirm that the error is occurring on our end as well. We have contacted Roll20 to update the file ASAP. For good faith, I will show you what is should look like on your end when it is fixed. Thank you for your patience, and thank you for letting us know.
Came to report same problem. Mine shows 2 Tomb maps, one that is wrongly sized with the map so I can resize and one that's just a blank page named the same as the map.
Yep, still no maps :(
I have no map still, but instead its a blank page, where i am assuming the map is supposed to be. the update did something, but not everything.
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Friday July 10, 2020 Update: Roll20 pushed a patch that includes an extra page and the pages are out of order. A secondary patch should come through in the very near future.  Please let us know if reinstalls continue to reproduce the error. We will update Roll20 accordingly. 
It's fixed on mine :) Thanks Guys!
Mine was fixed, thanks Dave - loving your content btw! I'd love to see you get that one out that you did set in the fort where you have to defend it against the bad guys :)
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Simon S said: Mine was fixed, thanks Dave - loving your content btw! I'd love to see you get that one out that you did set in the fort where you have to defend it against the bad guys :) Stay tuned! We have that one in development currently.
Map on Tomb of the Kirin-Born Prince isn't showing rooms 11-12.
For the Blind Cave one shot, there's reference to a breaking bridge table that's not contained in the material: On initiative count 10, roll a d20 and refer to the breaking bridge table below. 

Edited 1598614762
Just bought "The Neverending Dungeon Tile #001 - Frozen (Arctic Theme)" but it doesn't show up in my add-on list for installing (by the way what style will the following endless dungeons have?) just took a few hours to be ready
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Flea said: For the Blind Cave one shot, there's reference to a breaking bridge table that's not contained in the material: On initiative count 10, roll a d20 and refer to the breaking bridge table below.  Apologies for the late reply. We are pushing a patch out through Roll20, but for your sake, here are the details:  Suspension Bridge . The ice has worn down the bridge over the years. On initiative count 10, if there are 500 pounds of weight or more on the bridge roll a d20 and refer to the breaking bridge table below. Any creatures who fall into the abyss take damage from the fall as described above. d20 Result 0-9 Nothing happens. 10-17 The suspension ropes start to splinter. The next time a Break Bridge check is made, add a cumulative +2 to the d20 roll. 18-19 One of the ropes snaps and the bridge tilts to one side. Each creature on the bridge must make a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw to grab onto something or fall into the abyss. If this result comes up a second time, treat it as a roll of 20. While the bridge is tilted, the bridge counts as difficult terrain. 20 Both ropes snap and the bridge splits in half. The north side swings into the north cliff and the south side swings into the south cliff. Each creature on the bridge must succeed on DC 15 Dexterity saving throw to grab onto something or fall into the abyss. The halves of the bridge effectively become ladders on the side of their respective cliff faces.
Hi DMDave, I played my first session of the never ending dungeon last night with a group and it was very fun.  Reading ahead however, I noticed that no creature drops a red key on the first level (tile 001). Will red keys show up on subsequent tiles or?
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Andre S. said: Hi DMDave, I played my first session of the never ending dungeon last night with a group and it was very fun.  Reading ahead however, I noticed that no creature drops a red key on the first level (tile 001). Will red keys show up on subsequent tiles or? That is correct! However, you are welcome to place them in the first tile for your players where you deem appropriate. 
Hi, I'm new to Roll20 so I may not understand things fully, however I bought your "Shrine of the Emperor of Bones" as it showed on the marketplace as All Access Vault Enabled. Since it was an addon, I had to create a new game and then add it. However I cannot export existing Characters from other games into this game using the Character Vault feature. I do not have a plus/pro subscription but I thought that if a purchased addon had it enabled then I would be able to export no matter my subscription level. Otherwise what is the point in saying "All Access Vault Enabled" on an addon? From the Roll20 help page "Additionally, select Marketplace modules (as indicated on their details page) feature the All Access Vault level for all games based on that module. For example, if you purchase Lost Mine of Phandelver, all games you create with that module will have the All Access Vault unlocked, even if the game creator does not have a subscription ."

Edited 1599861778
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
While it is possible they have that "All Access Vault Enabled" message somewhere it shouldn't be (it has happened before), you should always be able to move characters from the vault to any game you create regardless of subscription tier, module, or addon.  There may be something else going on if you are the game creator and can't export characters from your vault to that game.
Thanks for the reply Kraynic, my guess is that it's showing the "All Access" in error. I have a free account and that sets my new game up as "Limited Access" and adding the add on doesn't change it. So according to the wiki I've just re-read, I need to be the GM and the game needs "All Access" ,which needs a subscription, to export from my Vault. Will contact Roll20 to explain so no-one else falls into the trap (pun intended) as the message appears to be against their own wiki.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Will contact Roll20 to explain so no-one else falls into the trap (pun intended) as the message appears to be against their own wiki. was it the wiki, or the Help center you checked? The official documentation is now maintained on their help center, while the wiki remains as a community wiki I updated the wiki page a bit: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Vault#All_Access_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Vault#All_Access_Vault</a>
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Darin said: So according to the wiki I've just re-read, I need to be the GM and the game needs "All Access" ,which needs a subscription, to export from my Vault. I can see how the bold print in the wiki might make you think you still need the All Access going to export to your own game, but the Help Center still says you should be able to export to any game that you created.&nbsp; It is #1 on the list.&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037258594-Character-Vault#CharacterVault-ExportingCharacters" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037258594-Character-Vault#CharacterVault-ExportingCharacters</a>
I did check the Help Center and blocking me exporting into a new "Limited Access" game (as a free account holder) even though I am the creator of that game (and GM) does seem to be the way it is intended according to the way I read that help text. Unless of course that bit in bold only relates to the #2 part of the list. I'll have to contact Roll20 since Kraynic seems sure that I should be able to do it. I did buy "Lost Mine of Phandelver" to test the module vs addon scenario and, as expected, when I created a game with that Module, I could export to it from my Vault. But that is a module with "All Access" enabled used to create a game. So meets the help center criteria. Thanks for the responses, nice to have a community out there to help :)
Creed of Iron: If you update HP on a cultist token all the tokens on the map get the updated HP
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Professor Chaos said: Creed of Iron: If you update HP on a cultist token all the tokens on the map get the updated HP Due to the nature of the patching system, we unfortunately cannot adjust that. The token is set to "HP" and is tracking it globally for the NPC. You can fix it for yourself by changing the green bar to "None" instead of HP.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Adventure: &nbsp;Tomb of the Kirin-Born Prince Technical Issue: &nbsp;see below 1. The map has incorrect dynamic lighting in room 1. Room 1 states: Torch . Easily ignored, unless the characters glance around the room looking for clues, is a lone extinguished torch stuck into the eastern wall next to the door. The torch is magical. When lit, it reveals the presence of the secret door in the northwestern wall. Shadow Door Trap . The door is fake; it is actually nothing more than a wall carving made to look like a door. It's magically reinforced, too, with an AC of 26, 100 hp (threshold 10), resistance to all nonmagical damage, and immunity to poison and psychic damage. But the dynamic lighting is setup as so: 2. The door between rooms 1 &amp; 4 is a fake door, I read that as it's only visible in room 1 and no mention of it is made in the description of room 4, yet the door is visible on the map in room, which would lead players to attempt to interact with it, requiring the GM to let them know, they don't actually see the door, it's a wall...and the alcove serves no purpose at that point. 3. The description for Room 5 is incorrect (easily corrected by me, but something I figured you may want to update). &nbsp;It states: At the eastern edge of the room is a semi-transparent set of large green and black curtains. Unless my sense of direction is completely messed up, that should be the western edge (not the eastern). That's all I have for now.
I cant open it. how do i open the module?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It looks like most of DMDave's adventures are addons. Instructions are on the Marketplace page for any given item: Add-On Install this&nbsp; Add-On &nbsp;via the dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the&nbsp; Game Details Page . Select&nbsp; Chorus of Toads &nbsp;and click on the blue Add to Game button beside the drop down menu.
Adventure: Tomb of the Kirin-Born Prince Technical Issue: Just a heads up regarding an API issue I was experiencing as well as confirmation on a couple of already reported issues. Looking forward to running my group through this in the next week or so, and already eyeing up a few of your other one-shots. Thanks for the hard work. ### Issue #1 (Limited Use Case) Was running into "Unable to find character (Acolyte/Mummy Lord/Shadow/Specter) in chat command" error messages in API console. Most of the scripts I run are my own, so I did a little troubleshooting, and it turned out that the issue was being caused by a trailing space included after the monster's name in the sheet. At the API level, this trailing space gets trimmed off, so when you pass it back to something like a roll template, it results in the error message noted above. Swarm of Coins worked fine out of the box because it didn't have the extra space after the name. ### Issue #2 (Minor) Confirming the previously reported issue of the map page not being sized correctly, cutting off a good chunk of the right side. Adjusting the page size to 33x19 (grid squares) after the fact resolves this. ### Issue #3 (Super Minor) Also confirming the issue that a duplicate/blank page named "Tomb of the Kirin-Born Prince" was created when adding the addon to a fresh game. ### Nothing crazy significant here, so more of a heads-up/FYI report in case someone else runs into something similar. Thanks again for the material. Looking forward to diving in with my group. Cheers.
Hey, love the content! I just added the Sanguine Dawn to my existing campaign and I only have the day/night ground floor maps. No maps for upstairs or the basement.&nbsp; I do have the maps already from the Starter Town map pack but they're not marked for the module. Thanks and keep up the great work!
I think I am missing something obvious. I haven't used Roll20 in almost two years. I purchased a part of the never ending dungeon. When I click on tokens. I don't see the macro quick bar show up next to the tool bar. I can't seem to find the way to take actions at all for the tokens. Am I missing a step?&nbsp;
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Rick M. said: Hey, love the content! I just added the Sanguine Dawn to my existing campaign and I only have the day/night ground floor maps. No maps for upstairs or the basement.&nbsp; I do have the maps already from the Starter Town map pack but they're not marked for the module. Thanks and keep up the great work! The upper floors and the basement are lower on the page. Scroll down and you should see them. &nbsp;
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Nathan A. said: I think I am missing something obvious. I haven't used Roll20 in almost two years. I purchased a part of the never ending dungeon. When I click on tokens. I don't see the macro quick bar show up next to the tool bar. I can't seem to find the way to take actions at all for the tokens. Am I missing a step?&nbsp; We have submitted a patch for Neverending Dungeon to include the macros. We experienced an import fault when it first uploaded. We apologize for the confusion. I have PM'd you with some instructions to include them for yourself.
Just bought "Dream of the witch room" however i can't access any of the maps.
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Peigh said: Just bought "Dream of the witch room" however i can't access any of the maps. I installed the module to a fresh game and cannot replicate the error. The maps should appear on the Page Toolbar . I would try to reinstall the add-on and report back.&nbsp;
Oh wow, I'm an idiot :-) Thanks! DMDave said: Rick M. said: Hey, love the content! I just added the Sanguine Dawn to my existing campaign and I only have the day/night ground floor maps. No maps for upstairs or the basement.&nbsp; I do have the maps already from the Starter Town map pack but they're not marked for the module. Thanks and keep up the great work! The upper floors and the basement are lower on the page. Scroll down and you should see them. &nbsp;
Howdy. I bought the Black Dragon Lair, and initially had no problems loading it into a game. Now when I make a game with it the map is completely white. All the compendium items/tokens are available on the side bar, but there is no map now :(
nevermind, im an idiot. the starting page is blank white (might want to change that), its the page selection bar that has all the maps great content btw. looking forward to more ~K
DMDave said: We have submitted a patch for Neverending Dungeon to include the macros. We experienced an import fault when it first uploaded. We apologize for the confusion. I have PM'd you with some instructions to include them for yourself. Hi! Would you mind sending those instructions to me as well? Much appreciated. Love it!
I don't know if it can be considered a bug but in the "Mice in the Pumpkin Patch" adventure, the landing page is blank and it gives me the error that the file has not loaded correctly. Pic Related Sorry for the translation, Thanks in advance for your reply.
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
We've seen that error happen sometimes. I would recommend deleting the contents and reinstalling the add-on.
DMDAVE, First... Huge Fan!&nbsp; But, same for me.. I have: &nbsp; removed the add-on .. then readded .. same result &nbsp; removed just the landing page and re-added .. same result &nbsp; made a new game and added it there.. same result From troubleshooting in my browser it looks like a possible aws s3 permission issue .. as if it isnt public .. gives me an error when i open the thumbnail and the page in roll20 just loads blank&nbsp; DMDave said: We've seen that error happen sometimes. I would recommend deleting the contents and reinstalling the add-on. Daurelian said: I don't know if it can be considered a bug but in the "Mice in the Pumpkin Patch" adventure, the landing page is blank and it gives me the error that the file has not loaded correctly. Pic Related Sorry for the translation, Thanks in advance for your reply.
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
It seems that the landing page broke at some point. We will submit a patch to repair the issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.&nbsp;
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Finderski said: Adventure: &nbsp;Tomb of the Kirin-Born Prince Technical Issue: &nbsp;see below 1. The map has incorrect dynamic lighting in room 1. Room 1 states: Torch . Easily ignored, unless the characters glance around the room looking for clues, is a lone extinguished torch stuck into the eastern wall next to the door. The torch is magical. When lit, it reveals the presence of the secret door in the northwestern wall. Shadow Door Trap . The door is fake; it is actually nothing more than a wall carving made to look like a door. It's magically reinforced, too, with an AC of 26, 100 hp (threshold 10), resistance to all nonmagical damage, and immunity to poison and psychic damage. But the dynamic lighting is setup as so: 2. The door between rooms 1 &amp; 4 is a fake door, I read that as it's only visible in room 1 and no mention of it is made in the description of room 4, yet the door is visible on the map in room, which would lead players to attempt to interact with it, requiring the GM to let them know, they don't actually see the door, it's a wall...and the alcove serves no purpose at that point. 3. The description for Room 5 is incorrect (easily corrected by me, but something I figured you may want to update). &nbsp;It states: At the eastern edge of the room is a semi-transparent set of large green and black curtains. Unless my sense of direction is completely messed up, that should be the western edge (not the eastern). That's all I have for now. I see other issues being addressed...was this overlooked? If not can I get a response, please? Even if the answer is, "Yeah, sorry...not going fix that...," I'm ok with that; just want to know my problem was seen and at least considered.
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Finderski, I want to apologize for not acknowledging your bug report. We investigated patching this and other errors within Tomb, and we do intend to patch Tomb for these issues, but have run into technical headaches with the Roll20 backend because of a fault with the initial launch of the product.&nbsp; Regarding the issues within the text, we can only fix the issue by adding a handout to the product with patch notes. We cannot fix text that exists within existing handouts. We should be able to patch the dynamic lighting.&nbsp;
Hi! I purchased the Neverending Dungeon, tile 1 Artic. Reading through the information, it indicated the tokens should have Token Actions appear when you click on them. This did not happen. I ended up going in and adding them, but wanted to let you know there were no token actions for any of the tokens.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
DMDave said: Finderski, I want to apologize for not acknowledging your bug report. We investigated patching this and other errors within Tomb, and we do intend to patch Tomb for these issues, but have run into technical headaches with the Roll20 backend because of a fault with the initial launch of the product.&nbsp; Regarding the issues within the text, we can only fix the issue by adding a handout to the product with patch notes. We cannot fix text that exists within existing handouts. We should be able to patch the dynamic lighting.&nbsp; No worries, I appreciate it. &nbsp;The text is easy enough to fix, I was more concerned with the map/dynamic lighting, personally. :)
Just bought Tidalstone Caves and the map isn't appearing. I see the tokens and dynamic lighting, but not the map itself. Also the map is labeled "Tidalsone".
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Leynok said: Just bought Tidalstone Caves and the map isn't appearing. I see the tokens and dynamic lighting, but not the map itself. Also the map is labeled "Tidalsone". I can confirm that the same error is occurring on our end. We are submitting a patch to Roll20 today.&nbsp;
Hi Dave, Can you (or anyone savvier than me) PM instructions for the Token Actions in the Neverending Dungeon 1 - Arctic? I reloaded the add-on and they still aren't showing. Thanks!
Hey, could you check the&nbsp; Danger at Blire Manor, I don't see any macros in there :/