Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Size question

How do I go about making the map larger? I've noticed the base maps are awful tiny for large scale games(think Dark Heresy NOT about 3 party members vs a small gang, think more like the players get involved into a ongoing war, or think they prepare to witness a full scale WAAAGH! with about 50+ Ork models)
On the page tab (up top) there should be a little gear next to a page. you click that for page settings, then adjust it there. I think that is what you are talking about.
You can make huge complex maps , and watch as the player with the ten year old laptop takes three minutes to move his token . A large map has problems within the environs of Roll 20, better to give them a reference resource and chop out scenes to be played out in detail. "you walk across the city and have these minor encounters." covers the trekking aspect better than taking the time and effort to run through every last alley. The axiom it is not how big it is, but what you can do with it that matters applies in Roll 20. I have done some large scenarios and the effort to build them and run them overshadows the gaming. A high degree of detail in two or three scenes will give the players more enjoyment than stopping to talk to every hot dog vendor in Central Park. The film version of the Greater New York City Telephone Directory will never win best picture.
al e. said: The film version of the Greater New York City Telephone Directory will never win best picture. You sir, win 1 internet.
Jake M. is correct. You can change the page's size in the page settings: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Settings" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Settings</a>

Edited 1402960135
I got it changed, thanks, and good god 100x100 is big, the normal area is 10x10 and that's awful small even for an alleyway... so I'm down to 50x50, thanks for the help.