When you drag a token from the journal or the compendium it does not apply token defaults for the name display, bars style (ie normal/compact) or bar position(above, below, overlapping) etc. This issue has been raised several times before, some thinking it was related to the SRD and not owning the Monster Manual or just related to the compendium drop(not journal drop), well i can tell you its not, as I own the Monster Manual and its the same from journal or Compendium Default Token Settings(name, bar style, bar location) do not apply to dragged & dropped npcs, either from Compendium or Journal. So if I drop in a random encounter with 10 tokens, first I have to drop them somewhere the players cant see them, then I need to manually go in to each token, change 3 settings, this interrupts play. Even if use I copy,(ie just drag one) change the settings, and then copy, its still an interruption to play. So unless i prepare all possible random encounters ahead of time(not practical, and where is the spontaneity in that) its a pain. What's worse is currently these attributes are not available to the api (except for the name tag), so you cant use token-mod etc to create a macro to do it, its all manual