Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cause a repeating list to scroll a specific item into view?

Edited 1604282366
Eric
Sheet Author
Hi ... I have a fieldset repeating list that represents log entries. Typically a player made add one (or multiple) date/time stamped entries per play session. Naturally this list may grown very long over time.  I have the fieldset inside a div with overflow-y to scroll which causes the list to clip to the height of the display area (div) and adds a vertical scroll bar so the list can be scrolled up/down. overflow-y: scroll; What I'd like is the ability to automatically scroll to a specific entry that may not be part of the visible viewing area.  For example, automatically scroll to the end of the list.  Or maybe if I add a search option to find a keyword then I'd need to be able to scroll to that entry. It seems with javascript that this isn't possible?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's something that would be possible on other sites, but roll20 blocks sheet author access to the DOM (Document Object Model) for security reasons, so we cant scroll the sheet or manipulate it in similar ways. It is possible to filter the contents of a repeating section, using the CSS trick to hide rows not caught by the filter. But you'd have to choose something to filter by, and hiding everything might not be what you want.
Eric
Sheet Author
Thanks ... that's actually helpful.  I'm considering a search functionality and doing a filter may not be out of the question to show rows with matching search criteria.