Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sheet translation word not being applied

Daniel T.
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello. I've submitted some time ago a new version of Karyu Densetsu's sheet with translation activated. The problem is when roll20 generated the translation files it automatically applied some translations to some words. And it applied even to the Portuguese translation, that is the original language of the sheet. For instance, the word "mod": "Modificador" on the original translation.js has been changed to "mod": "Modificar" on the generated pt.js translation file. I have already changed this word on the Portuguese translation on Crowdin to the correct one, "Modificador", and it has even been applied on the pt.js translation file, but when I open Roll20 in Portuguese, these translation is not being apllied and the word is still showing as the previous translation "mod": "Modificador" . What should I do? Roll 20's staff has been taken forever to answer support tickets.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Sheet changes, both from crowdin and from github, are being delayed until next Tuesday: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9430817/new-character-sheet-changes-will-go-live-tuesday-november-10" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9430817/new-character-sheet-changes-will-go-live-tuesday-november-10</a>
Daniel T.
Sheet Author
Translator
I've submitted the translation on Crowdin 14 days ago. It was before this delay.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Well, then it's a bit odd, as Roll20 did apply translation changes from crowdin 9 day ago , showing this as the only applied change to that sheet in any language: Daniel T. said: I have already changed this word on the Portuguese translation on Crowdin to the correct one, "Modificador", and it has even been applied on the pt.js translation file, but when I open Roll20 in Portuguese, these translation is not being apllied and the word is still showing as the previous translation "mod": "Modificador" . You said the same word twice, so no idea which one you meant to be correct. Anyway, as Roll20 posted few days ago, they will make updates on how translations work, and then a bit later how often changes are applied, so these things should get smoothed out at a quicker pace after that comes into effect. Check the current sticky threads for more details on these. Doublecheck crowdin an update things there again if needed, and we'll see how things turn out after the next update, and the change in how translations are handled.