Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question for someone good at Macro writing

Edited 1605388746
Below is a macro I am using for character sheets that I have written. Currently when a spell caster in my system wants to cast a spell the macro gives a prompt to indicate in the initiative phase what they are doing as far as casting while moving etc. and some other things can be selected. What I currently use is a macro that starts by naming the spell that is selected at the beginning of the round prior to the time it is released by looking at a block on the character sheet where the player has typed into the block called {Name_of_Spell} what they are casting. What I would like is this:  The macro to call up a blank box or a box that says Name of the spell when the macro is used then for it to say all the information below  /em casts the spell ... etc.  so below is my question: How do I get the Macro to start with a Blank space to type in the spell name rather than to have to go on to the character sheet and enter the spell name in the block called {Name_of_Spell} /em Casts the Spell @{Name_of_Spell} ?{Casting Posture|Standard Casting|Delayed casting|Rapid Casting|Rolling the Spell} moving ?{Number Hexes Moving|0 Hexes|1 Hex|2 Hexes|3 Hexes|4 Hexes|5 Hexes|6 Hexes|7 Hexes|8 Hexes|9 Hexes|10 Hexes} /me rolls a [[1d20+@{SPDSAVE}+@{Casting_Speed_Mod}+?{Special Modifier|0}&{tracker}]] for Spell Casting Initiative If Delayed or Rolling change Initiative Table to DL or RL Thanks to any that can assist with this
You can use a Roll Query. A Roll Query without any options specified will show the prompt with an empty text box. So the code ?{Name of Spell} can be used instead of @{Name_of_Spell}
Thanks so much!