The Upland Sea Region The Upland Sea region refers to the towns around a large lake at some elevation between Mount Disgar and the North and South Deepwood, first discovered by a nation of humans and dwarves expanding across the plains of The Bladed Sea. It has long since become an out of the way destination, tucked up as it is between difficult to transverse forests and steep deadly mountains. It is known for it’s artisan goods, particularly alcohol, jewelry and textiles. What appears an idyllic country populated by anthropomorphic woodland creatures will quickly reveal itself as deadly when it’s darker shadows are probed. A deep, tag based crafting system and reworked background system, combined with a nearly complete dearth of non-PC magic practitioners, lends a gritty, immersive realness to the campaign setting.  I'm building a campaign setting and looking for people to playtest it. I have been DM'ing for a while, and put a lot of work into my games in both art assets and copy. Players can expect hand drawn maps and well formatted supplemental handouts for the home brew content, as well as a heavy use of rollable tables, macros and APIs to provide an engaging, streamlined experience. In exchange for the work I'm putting into providing a fun gaming experience, I ask that the players be understanding of a few things: 1. This is a sandbox world. I am not going to be railroading you, but I will put bounds on the world based on the areas that are defined enough to explore in detail. That sandbox will grow rapidly because... 2. This is a playtest. You can expect a new town every month until the region is defined, and I am hoping to have the campaign setting's "Player's Handbook" done in the next six months (it is already playable). This will include multiple homebrew races and subraces (there are already 2 fleshed out races with 4 subraces each), a detailed homebrew background system, multiple hombrew tag based crafting systems, multiple homebrew subclasses for each class, etc... The point is, there will be content and options. HOWEVER, because this is a campaign setting test, I will be asking that the PC's limit themselves to only the character creation options presented with the SRD (heavily doctored) and the provided campaign setting materials. Unfortunately, if you stayed as one character for a long time we wouldn't be able to test the homebrew character content very rapidly. Because of this, it must be understood that... 3. This world is gritty and deadly. Beneath the facade of anthropomorphic woodland creatures and idyllic country sides, the dark places of this world hide terrors. This game will be nearly roguelike, with a constantly evolving world and a contrivance that makes frequent new adventurers plausible. 4. I retain the rights to the materials created for this game, unless specifically otherwise discussed. Unauthorized sharing of these materials would be real slimy.  I am super looking forward to hearing from anyone interested in playing a fun, crunchy game in a cool new setting. Message me on with any questions or a quick summary of your experience with DnD and an idea of how you typically play the game. I will be using Discord in tangent with roll20 to run my game sessions. I prefer sessions that are between two and four hours long. I am flexible on the exact time, and may run two games if I can find enough players.