Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1

Would it be too much to have the DB notes automatically show up when you roll a defense roll? Right now I'm having to manually add it to the custom notes for each defense.
Is there a way to have a drop-down box in a single macro? For example, rather than creating a macro for ST, DX, IQ, and HT rolls, is there a way that I can click one button and choose the result I need? I've tried building a macro to handle this, but with no success. Likewise with Skills. Can I avoid having a macro for each and every skill?

Edited 1604354286
mrianmerry
Sheet Author
John G. said: Is there a way to have a drop-down box in a single macro? For example, rather than creating a macro for ST, DX, IQ, and HT rolls, is there a way that I can click one button and choose the result I need? It is... possible, but if you want the roll template output it's not very pretty code at all, and even for the character sheet it would be quite a mess. A macro with _very simple_ output that works for what you want will be something like this: Margin of Success: [[ [[ ?{Which Attribute?| Strength,@{strength}| Dexterity,@{dexterity}| Intelligence,@{intelligence}| Health,@{health}} + ?{Modifier|0}} ]] - 3d6cf6cs1 ]] This'll give you output like "Margin of Success: 11"  when you succeed, and a negative when you fail. (The fancy "cf6cs1" tells Roll20 that 1 is actually good, and 6 is bad) You can do the same with skils, but it's a little bit less pretty because of how repeating sections work; Margin of Success: [[ [[ [[ ?{Which Skill| @{repeating_skills_$0_name},@{repeating_skills_$0_level}| @{repeating_skills_$1_name},@{repeating_skills_$1_level}| @{repeating_skills_$2_name},@{repeating_skills_$2_level}| @{repeating_skills_$3_name},@{repeating_skills_$3_level}| @{repeating_skills_$4_name},@{repeating_skills_$4_level}} ]] + ?{Modifier|0} ]] - 3d6cf6cs1 ]] Be careful with this, because it doesn't work (and will make a mess of errors in your chat log)  if you add more of them than you have skills in your skills section ;) Also super important note - this is for adding to a character sheet as an ability; if you use it as a general macro you'll need to slap a character name into the attribute fields, like this for targeting the attributes of someone called Ian: Margin of Success: [[ [[ ?{Which Attribute?| Strength,@{Ian|strength}| Dexterity,@{Ian|dexterity}| Intelligence,@{Ian|intelligence}| Health,@{Ian|health}} + ?{Modifier|0}} ]] - 3d6cf6cs1 ]] Have fun!
Thank you for the answer! It's a bit more clunky than I had hoped, but it works. I was hoping for something that returned a result like clicking on the sheet (including the optional modifiers), but I guess that just isn't possible.
Oh it’s possible, but it’s... not very pretty, lol. I’ll have a go at writing it and see what I can come up with! 
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, I had to work late and weekends the last two weeks. I can start working on the sheet this week. Ken
Hi, I don't know if it is an bug or what... I've added all my spells (105), but when I check on the General tab it writes only 76 ^.^"
Do you have 29 points worth of disadvantages or negative point cost spells in that section? It might also help to choose one of the more detailed point summary styles, as they show more sections. 
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thymeria said: Hi, I don't know if it is an bug or what... I've added all my spells (105), but when I check on the General tab it writes only 76 ^.^" Ian said: Do you have 29 points worth of disadvantages or negative point cost spells in that section? It might also help to choose one of the more detailed point summary styles, as they show more sections.  Thanks Thymeria and Ian. I'll also check the total. I do know it's still using legacy code for totals, I just tried to display them differently.  Thymeria, what language do you use for your sheets? It looks like they started translating the GURPS sheet. If things are off, please let me know or offer suggestions on how to get text to fit. I'll have to ask Roll20 how we can request changes to language files since we're not allowed to make direct updates.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Charles said: Hey, I know you have this in the Skill Modifier Tool, but would it be possible to add a checkbox for skills in the Skills tab to be modified by encumbrance, even when not using the Tool? It's a modifier (Climbing, Stealth, Judo, Karate, fencing weapons; twofold for Swimming) that comes up often. Hi Charles,&nbsp; I added this as a new feature request. <a href="https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/211" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/211</a>
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Charles said: Would it be too much to have the DB notes automatically show up when you roll a defense roll? Right now I'm having to manually add it to the custom notes for each defense. Since DB is based on a condition, it can't be added to every defense roll automatically. Instead, I'm updating the Roll Modifier Tool for defense to include a DB option. I also created a feature request to quickly add DB to an active defense. <a href="https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/213" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets/issues/213</a>
Mad; I noticed a small issue with the roll template CSS. Threw it into an issue on GitHub.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Ian said: Mad; I noticed a small issue with the roll template CSS. Threw it into an issue on GitHub. Thanks Ian!

Edited 1605473639
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
MadCoder said: I'll have to ask Roll20 how we can request changes to language files since we're not allowed to make direct updates. The menu have just gained a handy link to it. There is a sticky thread about accessing translations: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9382237/translation-and-crowdin-changes" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9382237/translation-and-crowdin-changes</a> I've also summarized some info on how CrowdIn works on the wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/CrowdIn" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/CrowdIn</a>
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
ᐰndreas J. said: MadCoder said: I'll have to ask Roll20 how we can request changes to language files since we're not allowed to make direct updates. The menu have just gained a handy link to it. There is a sticky thread about accessing translations: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9382237/translation-and-crowdin-changes" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9382237/translation-and-crowdin-changes</a> I've also summarized some info on how CrowdIn works on the wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/CrowdIn" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/CrowdIn</a> Oh wow, thanks!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
If anyone is interested in translating the GURPS sheets, this link has a brief description. No approval is needed, create an account for crowdin.com and go to the project page. How to sign up to translate for Roll20 <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9465530/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9465530/</a> Crowndin Project page. <a href="https://crowdin.com/project/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://crowdin.com/project/roll20-character-sheets</a>
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thymeria said: Hi, I don't know if it is an bug or what... I've added all my spells (105), but when I check on the General tab it writes only 76 ^.^" Hi&nbsp;Thymeria, I couldn't replicate the bug. Could you try changing the number of points in one spell to see if total adds up correctly? The code is designed to run a total of all spells if any spell is updated. It's possible the JavaScript timed out or the asynchronous behavior was out of sync. If you're updating spells quickly, the JavaScript could have been running slowly causing the wrong total. There's not much I can do, except suggest taking the annoying step of pausing after you change or enter a new spell.
Really nice character sheet. Many thanks to all devs! I've been trying to see if it would be possible to separate Will and Perception from IQ with this sheet, but so far no luck. Is it possible? That is, to have them start at base 10 regardless of your IQ score. (I can of course just use the mod column to modify their end values, so this is no biggie, just asking.)
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Tommi said: Really nice character sheet. Many thanks to all devs! I've been trying to see if it would be possible to separate Will and Perception from IQ with this sheet, but so far no luck. Is it possible? That is, to have them start at base 10 regardless of your IQ score. (I can of course just use the mod column to modify their end values, so this is no biggie, just asking.) Hi Tommi,&nbsp; Yes, this a requested feature and I have it listed in the backlog of upcoming updates. Here's a link to the issue if you're interested. Add "Perception and WIll are separate from IQ" option · Issue #195 · MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets (github.com) Thanks, Ken
Okay, good to know. This seems to be quite a common house rule. About house rules, out of interest, how big of an hassle would it be to make a custom sheet, by duplicating the current one, and adding an extra attribute to the list of the standard four (ST, HT, DX, and IQ)? I took a peek at the HTML code of the sheet and I'm guessing it would involve more than a few lines of extra code to add one. This would just be for my house rules again, so, no biggie. I'd only need to link it so that the extra attribute is available for skills (drop-down menu) nothing more (not combat nor magic).
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Tommi said: Okay, good to know. This seems to be quite a common house rule. About house rules, out of interest, how big of an hassle would it be to make a custom sheet, by duplicating the current one, and adding an extra attribute to the list of the standard four (ST, HT, DX, and IQ)? I took a peek at the HTML code of the sheet and I'm guessing it would involve more than a few lines of extra code to add one. This would just be for my house rules again, so, no biggie. I'd only need to link it so that the extra attribute is available for skills (drop-down menu) nothing more (not combat nor magic). Yes, you can totally use the sheet for a custom campaign. There is a lot of interaction that occurs and you will need to familiarize yourself with the Roll20 script and javascript that is used. If you're adding new attribute fields, you can look how the main attributes are implemented and look for code that references ST, HT, DX, and IQ. A lot of the interaction for them can be ignored since there's special derived stats based on the core stats. You will also have to make sure points spent into the new attributes update the character point totals. It would take some time to get familiar enough with the code and to add the new attributes. Ken
Is it possible to change the sheet's system of measurement from imperial to metric?
As of November 30, 2020, new versions of the character sheet suddenly seem to no longer function properly - the points for an attribute can be entered, but the attribute does not update (at all), nor do figured characteristics seem to update.
I just tried to write, that for me it works ... but now (22:30 GMT+1) it stopped working ...
Does not seem to function properly. Several boxes remain unalterable, even though pictures and previous description of function imply said boxes are supposed to be alterable. Example, I add points into IQ, and even try to use the modifier, but the only way to effect the roll itself is with the modifier prompt to be active. Also, notation within the boxes suggest the presence of a check mark over the perception roller. As of now, I see no such box.
I've just started having this issue as well and the DM is as well. Making a new character and the points show as being used but the modification to the skill/attribute doesn't show either visually or in roll. It appears this is a rather new issue and I hope you can fix it soon (:
This sounds like it might be related to a Roll20 update; for what it’s worth a player has an issue where the points they spent on a skill weren’t tracked in the total points fields either. I was able to spend points perfectly fine, though, so not sure what’s going on there.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is on Roll20. We just got a new button at the top of chat.
Hi guys, since 2 days ago my friends and I are having problems. When we tried to increase any attributes or skill, speding points, the effective level didn't change. We tried in several sheets and is all the same. Are you guys having the same problem?
Same problems with Attributes on General tab, that Mod/Pts did not change total parameter value, but same Mod/Pts work normally in Skills/Grimoire tabs. Another problem: You can't roll spell dice from Grimoire.
I have been making a character using this sheet not even 3 days ago. Just noticed the issues today. I believe all the calculations are off because even the Inventory weight and money isn't automatically updating on the sheet, which sucks because that is the last thing I needed to do, lol. I'd have to assume its either an update or the roll20 being dumb, but its just weird because pathfinder, 5e, and shadowrun sheets are all working on a few of the different lobbies I checked.&nbsp;
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone, there's one update that is pending, but it hasn't been merged yet, and the last set of updates were two weeks. I'm not sure why the sheet is broken. As of now, I'm going to assume it might be related to new Roll20 updates. I did just get an error on the forums where the pages were timing out, so it might be related.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
I created an issue on Roll20s GIT repository. I double checked the current source code and it should be fine, I did notice some 404 errors for a couple of javascript files.&nbsp;
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Roll20 Character Sheet Backend Changes where rolled out yesterday, are likely the cause of this issue. Seem my comment in the main thread.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
ᐰndreas J. said: Roll20 Character Sheet Backend Changes where rolled out yesterday, are likely the cause of this issue. Seem my comment in the main thread. Thanks for the update!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
a fix should have been rolled out, did it work for the GURPS sheet? (might need to reload campaign)
MeowRaa said: Another problem: You can't roll spell dice from Grimoire. If works if you uncheck "Show casting details on roll template" under the Gear tab. The sheet still hasn't been fixed otherwise. Sheets each have different versions listed.
ᐰndreas J. said: a fix should have been rolled out, did it work for the GURPS sheet? (might need to reload campaign) Not yet. the issue continues

Edited 1606865672
I just played and noticed that dropping to &lt;⅓ HP was not auto calculating reduced Dodges. Bummer this is happening; but I think I speak for everyone when I say, "Thank you so much for all the work people have put into this character sheet and I look forward to it's return to glory!"

Edited 1607038085
Character sheet seems to be updating properly now, so thank you intrepid devs who have heard our pleas and fixed things! As a request for a potential feature added to the sheet at some point - perhaps a checkbox/entry in the languages section that can handle the Language Talent advantage to make displayed comprehension levels versus points spent work properly when one has that advantage?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
unverified said: Character sheet seems to be updating properly now, so thank you intrepid devs who have heard our pleas and fixed things! As a request for a potential feature added to the sheet at some point - perhaps a checkbox/entry in the languages section that can handle the Language Talent advantage to make displayed comprehension levels versus points spent work properly when one has that advantage? Thank you for checking! I have time now to review the sheet.&nbsp; I agree, the language table should be redone. The best approach is to change the character points so you can enter it in instead of it being automatically calculated. This allows GMs to use their own custom point levels for languages. Below is a link to the task I just created. Refactor Language Table · Issue #218 · MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets (github.com)
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone,&nbsp; A new set of updates have been deployed. One minor thing to note is date will become the day a request was made to Roll20 to pull the changes to the live site. Updates are no longer made on Tuesday's, instead, I would make a request to pull in new updates and wait for someone to review and approve, this will take a few days. I think if I mark a request as urgent it should get pulled sooner, especially I had made a mistake.&nbsp; Version 2.5.3 Combat Tab &gt; Melee table. Display swing &amp; thrust damage, also widened the damage column a little to make easier to enter field values and formulas. Requested by PL M. Combat Tab. An Active Defense can now be linked to a melee weapon. This allows you assign a defense to melee weapon that has additional skill bonuses, like weapon bond. New Roll template. A generic, simple template for use with macros. How to use New Roll template Example Macro &amp;{template:macro} {{templateType=dnd5e}} {{sheetStyle=4}} {{roll=[[3d6]]}} {{target=[[13]]}} {{title=Drake}} {{subtitle=Attacks Orc}} {{Damage=[[1d6-1]] crush}} {{Location=[[3d6]]}} {{Note=Groin shots don't count}} {{desc=**Roll** HT-2 to avoid stun. If stunned roll HT each turn to recover.}} Field Definitions templateType = basic | dnd5e | pathfinder. sheetStyle = #. Matches the Sheet Style drop-down option on the character sheet. &nbsp; 0 = Green &nbsp; 1 = Blue &nbsp; 2 = Beige &nbsp; 3 = Gray &nbsp; 4 = Classic White &nbsp; 5 = Pastel Pink &nbsp; 6 = Pastel Earth &nbsp; 7 = Purple &nbsp; 8 = Fabric title = Main title subtitle = Sub Title roll = Macro for making a die roll target = Skill level for the die roll. If it exists in the macro, then it will appear to the right of the roll result&lt; desc = Description, full-width, placed at the bottom of the template. All other properties will be automatically added to the template as key/value pairs. Key = Label, Value = displayed in second column. &nbsp; Example:&nbsp;{{note=This&nbsp;is&nbsp;a&nbsp;test}} &nbsp;&nbsp; note &nbsp;is the key &nbsp;and would populate the first column. &nbsp;&nbsp; This is a test &nbsp;is the value &nbsp;would populate the second column. &nbsp;&nbsp; Important: The key would need to be a single word, no spaces. Template Type Examples Basic DnD 5e Pathfinder
Those are some gorgeous general-use roll templates! Are any of the buttons in the character sheet set up to use them?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Ian said: Those are some gorgeous general-use roll templates! Are any of the buttons in the character sheet set up to use them? No, I didn't setup the existing roll template to use DnD5e and Pathfinder format. I'll put that as a future update, since it will take some work to update the existing styling.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Frerol said: Is it possible to change the sheet's system of measurement from imperial to metric? Hi Frerol, I created a task to add metric system. I don't know when I'll get to it, but it is useful feature.
It appears there's now a feature where you have to select a token to make an attack. It's rather inconvenient to have &nbsp;to do this. Would it be possible to make that an option you turn on for your sheet, like with skill modifier prompts?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Jared said: It appears there's now a feature where you have to select a token to make an attack. It's rather inconvenient to have &nbsp;to do this. Would it be possible to make that an option you turn on for your sheet, like with skill modifier prompts? Sorry that was supposed to get removed. I'll remove it and mark it urgent.
Thanks to the developers for the work put into this sheet; it's amazing. Can we get the Extra Effort options added to the combat modifier popups?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hypnobeard said: Thanks to the developers for the work put into this sheet; it's amazing. Can we get the Extra Effort options added to the combat modifier popups? Good idea. I added that as a new task.&nbsp; Roll Modifier Toll · Issue #226 · MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets (github.com) Thanks, Ken