Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

red and green numbers on rolls

is it possible to make a dice roll turn green not only on nat 20s but other numbers like if a weapon crits on a 18-20?

Edited 1403524776
Technically that is the threat range making it a possible crit until you make another attack roll resulting in a hit, but that's besides the point. I would like to know if it is possible to change the roll colors for various things. I really do not think so, since rolling is an imbedded feature of the engine.
There are three main ways to handle this. Include within your macro what you would need to roll to constitute a crit (lowest crit value + attack modifiers) Ex: If I crit on an 18-20, and my attack bonus is +4, I might have in my macro "Crit: 22+ for xx addt'l dmg" Create rollable tables with custom 'faces' that are colored appropriately to reflect the larger crit range Upgrade to Mentor subscription and make use of the API to do more custom rolling
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael P. said: Technically that is the threat range making it a possible crit until you make another attack roll resulting in a hit, but that's besides the point. I would like to know if it is possible to change the roll colors for various things. That's not a universal feature of all systems, Michael (pretty much just 3.5/PF and their derivatives). There are plenty of systems where confirming a crit is not needed.

Edited 1404307934
Mark G. said: There are three main ways to handle this. Include within your macro what you would need to roll to constitute a crit (lowest crit value + attack modifiers) Ex: If I crit on an 18-20, and my attack bonus is +4, I might have in my macro "Crit: 22+ for xx addt'l dmg" Create rollable tables with custom 'faces' that are colored appropriately to reflect the larger crit range Upgrade to Mentor subscription and make use of the API to do more custom rolling Mark, can you give a more realistic example of the first option. I am not understanding what you would actually put into the macro. It seems as if you are alluding to what you would put into the macro and not the actual function text. I'd like to know what the actual function text would be. Thanks.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Something like this: /em attacks with high crit weapon (19-20 crit range) Attack: [[ 1d20 + @{dex_mod} + @{magic_sword_bonus} + @{base_attack_bonus} ]] Damage: [[ 1d12 +@{str_mod} + @{magic_sword_bonus} ]] ( Crit: [[ 19 + @{dex_mod} + @{magic_sword_bonus} + @{base_attack_bonus} ]]+ for [[@{magic_sword_bonus}d6 + 12 ]] additional damage! ) Resulting in: Aaron attacks with high crit weapon (19-20 crit range) Attack: 20 Damage: 10 ( Crit: 26+ for 17 additional damage! ) You then compare the Crit number to the Attack number, and add the additional damage to the Damage in that case.
What he said