Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spell Base Level tracking

Edited 1606748759
So many things can be tracked on this sheet, but I can't seem to find a way of tracking the Base Level of a spell. Is this possible, because I would love to be able to macro my Heightened effects of spells based on the level I'm casting them at, and aside from Level 1's and Cantrips, I don't think I can do it without utilising the difference between @current_level and the base level. Obviously I can just write the base-level in, but it would be nice to know if there is a tracker for it.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jack T. said: So many things can be tracked on this sheet Which one? :) A 3.5 or PF sheet, presumably?
Oh the picture didn't show. The Pathfinder sheet! Things like spell name, trait, casts and all that have an @value to track them.@{traits}, @{current_level}, but the base level of a spell doesnt seem to have one. It seems a strange thing to be missing.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is that the PF2 sheet? It's the only one I remember being poo-brown.
It’s Pathfinder 2e we’re playing, yes.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah yep, it's just missing the tooltip info. The Attribute is called @{spelllevel}, or @repeating_normalspells_$0_spelllevel} from outside the section.
@{spell_level} didnt seem to work, as the sheet didnt seem to recognise it as a value. The other one seemed to work... For Cantrips and Level 1 Spells. However, if I used it with a Level 2 spell, such as Sudden Bolt, it doesn't seem to work; it's as if it's assuming the Base Level is 1. Sudden Bolt is a Level 2 spell, dealing 4d12 Damage, heightening by 1d12 every level. So at Level 2, it should be doing just 4d12, but it seems to be adding the extra 1. So I guess it doesn't read from the individual spell's Base Level calculation?

Edited 1607092826
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
edit - oh, I see what the problem is. Did you use @repeating_normalspells_$0_spelllevel} ? That's specifically referring to the first spell row on the sheet (the $0) so will always return the @{spelllevel} Attribute from that first spell. Just use @{spelllevel} (3 L's, no underscore). You can probably ignore the rest of my post. Repeating rows are a bit tricky, but if you're sticking to the editable fields in the sheet, you can just use the simple @{spelllevel} references and not worry about the $0 row index stuff. I probably should have explained that before, sorry. It looks like it's got a flat 4d12 (the first thing in the tooltip) for the base damage. So if you want to heighten the spell, I think you just need to add the heighten damage in the "other damage" field. I don't know the metamagic rules for PF2, but something like this in the "other damage" field maybe? [[?{Heighten by how many levels?|0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}]]d12 And you could add something like this to the "heightened effects" field: Heightened to level [[?{Heighten by how many levels?|0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9} + @{spelllevel}]] Not sure though, I may have the wrong end of the stick with the whole heightening thing. If you want it to automatically be doing this every time you cast it, by a set amount, it seems to be working fine when I put [[@{current_level}-@{spelllevel}]]d12 in the damage field. That seems to be what your were doing, it works fine when I try it though.