Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fonts

Is there any way to use different fonts in handouts and whatnot? I've found fonts for the different scripture in 5e (Dwarvish, Elvish, Infernal, Draconic, etc.), but I want to be able use them in handouts. One example is a letter written in Elvish, some players can read it but others can't. I want to be able to show the letter to everyone and then message the players that can read it with what it says
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The best way I've found to do something similar is to use Google Translate to pick a language that looks like what I'd want, then I translate english to that language and copy the result.
I see, I wish there was a better way
You could create the text in Word or whatever text program, then take a photo of it and use it as the handout photo.
I think there was a possible solution suggested in the forums. May be in the stupid ideas thread. I think it suggested you create a character sheet for each language (dwarfish, Elvish etc) then assign it to any character with that language. You can then post articles to the language character sheet so only those with access can see it. This does mean you share any document with any one with the same language but if you were trying to give it to a specific character you would just whisper it to them.

Edited 1606924484
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're extremely keen on the idea, you could do some wonderful things with Stylus (custom CSS), but that would require player co-operation and everyone having the extension. With a Pro sub you could use a reasonably basic API script to assign a custom CSS class to a chat message, which would be seen completely differently (or not at all) by people with different CSS "keys"... there's an example here , about halfway through the post, but it's not for the faint-hearted. There's a lot of setup there, depends how big on the languages thing you are. This is a much simpler solution, as Mel C was referring to. There's also a rollable tables trick to accompany it, so public chat gets some random words thrown in it while the people who understand the language get the private whisper.