Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Error when saving settings

Hi! I get "An Error Occurred" when I try to save a games settings. I checked and it's the same for all my games. With this error code: b7e956b8bdb24de185fcb4abb2dbb40a All the best /Lemur
I'm having this same error. Different codes come up when I try to save campaign settings. Most recently, I got 47169c25859947058b399b0e3d213380
I am seeing the same problem. I get  1cf4d3333be74bbcb2a90d0c0357a29f.
Likewise. It seems to want to reload the page, and generate a warning while doing so.

Edited 1606926462
I am also experiencing issues but it's only on certain games. I've noticed for me it was only games where I had tweaked the custom character sheet or API recently. Which seeing as we are all pro users that may be a common thread.

Edited 1606929326
I too have custom sheets in mine. Issues appeared after I made a duplicate of a game. A database error?
I just sent a big report to Roll20... though now that I've done that and complained I try saving and it worked... Give it a try guys!
It is working for me now.
It works for me, now, too--and I am also using custom sheets.
David
Sheet Author
Noticed that translations where broken on a custom sheet. Validated the JSON and tried it in a sandbox and it worked.  I pasted the JSON into the Custom Sheet in Game Settings and tried to save and got this. An error was encountered Don't worry; it's not like you triggered the end of the world...right? If you message us about the error, please give us the error ID below so we can look it up: 4b6725b370524d0b8b334274077cc82a  
That's the error, all right. Is it doing this again? David said: Noticed that translations where broken on a custom sheet. [...]
David
Sheet Author
I think I figured it out.  I had empty key/value pairs in the translations file because it speeds up setting it the translations up.  Prior to the recent changes this wasn't issue and I have them on other games with custom sheets. I removed them empty  key/value and the translation are working now.
David said: I think I figured it out.  I had empty key/value pairs in the translations file because it speeds up setting it the translations up.  Prior to the recent changes this wasn't issue and I have them on other games with custom sheets. I removed them empty  key/value and the translation are working now. Would it be possible to include an example of a key/value pair you removed from your translation file please? From what I can tell I haven't used any myself, but I'm still getting this error. Notably, I receive an error message when saving the Game Settings after inputting the full translation file normally. However, when I add a comma to the last translation line, as if I'll be continuing the file further, the Settings will save - but the saved Settings will not translate into the game, the character sheets will still display as if there is no translation.json file present. So, for example:     "zerodice": "Zero Dice — take the lowest result" } The above would cause the error message, latest code  34ff6c3059a6479bae3373333803488a However, with the comma at the end of the last line:     "zerodice": "Zero Dice — take the lowest result", } Does save, but the translation file still will not be active when loading up the character sheets in-game. I'm very much feeling out coding this stuff as I go, so can't offer any insight into why this would be happening. Just throwing examples at the wall to see what'll stick.

Edited 1606994271
David
Sheet Author
ThatJ0eGuy said: David said: I think I figured it out.  I had empty key/value pairs in the translations file because it speeds up setting it the translations up.  Prior to the recent changes this wasn't issue and I have them on other games with custom sheets. I removed them empty  key/value and the translation are working now. Would it be possible to include an example of a key/value pair you removed from your translation file please? From what I can tell I haven't used any myself, but I'm still getting this error. "":"", Did you check your JSON with a validator? 
"":"", Did you check your JSON with a validator?  Not yet, but got it working anyway - coincidentally by removing the exact same line from my own file just before I checked this post - so think you're on the money. Thanks for your help :)