Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Sidebar with chat/dice log AND something else

For a long time, I have wished the sidebar could have TWO different things shown at the same time by halving the sidebar in two. English isn't my first language, so maybe I try to show this in a picture instead of trying to explain it with broken English. This is approximately how I envision it to look (but maybe have both sections be half and half of the sidebar, not like in the pic below being more like 1/3rd and 2/3rds of it): Apologies for an amateur quality picture, but hopefully this gets the idea across. With this, having the sidebar display two different things, you could have the chat/dice log open and still make selections on characters, handouts, music tracks, macros and what not. For a GM this would be great (at least for me) as you wouldn't have to click back and forth between the different sidebar options so much and would have the dice log open all the time. As a simplification, there could just be an option to keep the chat/dice log open on the lower half of the sidebar and have the selections govern what's shown on the upper half (and if it is chat/dice log, then it would take the whole sidebar). Any chance of an option like this? (NB: This would be optional, you could just disable it from options and have the sidebar be like it is now.)
Or even have them as fully functional (un)dockable side bars :-)
Farling said: Or even have them as fully functional (un)dockable side bars :-) YES! How is this so hard to achieve? 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Tommi Not exactly what you are suggesting, but the chat bar can be popped out to allow viewing chat and another sidebar tab simultaneously. I can also see the benefit if the other tabs functioned similarly.
@Vince -- How, please?  I've been looking for this and have not been able to find it -- only references that it can be done.
Nevermind, I finally found it -- Double Click the chat Icon.  Their UI developers need some help.
Eogen said: Their UI developers need some help. Amen to that... Also if you close the popped-out chat window it seems like the chat is just gone. It doesn't reappear in the sidebar, though the icon tab is still there.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .