Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Turn Tracker for Familiar

Is there any way to send a single initiative roll to the Turn Tracker for two tokens?  I'm trying to get my familiar in the Turn Tracker using my same initiative roll.  Rakka (my familiar) has a separate token and NPC character sheet.  But we want him to go on my turn.  Currently, I can select my familiar's token, roll for initiative, then manually change it in the Turn Tracker to match whatever I rolled for initiative.  This works, but is there a way to roll for initiative and have it go to the Turn Tracker for both my token and my familiar's token? I tried this, but it doesn't like reusing the initiative roll in the second roll template: @{selected|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{mod=@{selected|initiative_bonus}}} [[1d20+@{selected|initiative_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}[INIT] ]] {{r1=$[[0]] &{tracker}}} {{normal=1}} @{selected|charname_output} @{Rakka|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{r1=$[[0]] &{tracker}}} {{charname=Rakka}}
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
You could try putting an ability on the familiar's character sheet (set it as a token action), and have it "roll" initiative by referencing the initiative tracker value for your character. So, if character name is Bob, roll Bob's initiative and send to tracker, then select the familiar token and click the new token action that has the following content: [[@{tracker|Bob} &{tracker}]] I tried doing it all in the same macro, but looks like the die roll is asynchronous, so it doesn't wait until Bob's new roll is complete before attempting to reference his initiative value. Hence, the extra familiar token selection and ability click approach. Not perfect, but still probably less annoying than manually adding.  

Edited 1608162918
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
edit - ninja'd, but at least Bob is getting some love! You can only send the roll to the tracker with a token selected, so you won't be able to do this with one macro (not without API). You also can't reuse rolls over multiple commands... and I don't think reusing a roll is going to work, the &{tracker} needs to be inside the inline roll AFAIK. However, if you replace "bob" with your character's name (as it appears in the turn tracker) in this: @{selected|token_name} joins Bob in combat with [[@{tracker|bob} &{tracker}]] initiative. Then you can at least assign that as a token action for your familiar and get it done in a couple of clicks.
Nice!  Thanks guys.  This will work.  I was previously rolling initiative twice anyway and just having to manually adjust my familiars initiative once in the tracker.  This will work nicely!