Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding a pet token to your intiative

Edited 1608387962
I found this thread to set an initiative to a specific number ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5456716/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5456716/slug%7D</a> )&nbsp; but is there a way to set your pet's token to your initiative? I've been using @{selected|character_name} rolls Initiative. /r ?{Roll|Normal, 1d20|Advantage, 2d20kh1|Disadvantage, 2d20kl1} + @{selected|dexterity_mod} [Dex Mod] &amp;{tracker} and just manually changing the pet to whatever I got for mine without the API. I don't necessarily think so but I figured the macro guru's here could tell me if I couldn't figure it out myself. E.T.A Using 5e OGL sheet
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You can't do with @{selected|...} or @{target|...}, but if you know a pet belongs to a particular character, you can do it by the character's name.&nbsp; Assuming you have Fluffy, the pet of Bob the Slayer, you could add an ability on Fluffy and set it as a Token Action with this content: [[ @{tracker|Bob the Slayer} &amp;{tracker} ]] And it would add Fluffy to the turn order with whatever Bob the Slayer has as their entry. Note that it will only work for numbers, so if you use Cards it will drop the suit, or if you use words or letters it will have an error.
The Aaron said: You can't do with @{selected|...} or @{target|...}, but if you know a pet belongs to a particular character, you can do it by the character's name.&nbsp; Assuming you have Fluffy, the pet of Bob the Slayer, you could add an ability on Fluffy and set it as a Token Action with this content: [[ @{tracker|Bob the Slayer} &amp;{tracker} ]] And it would add Fluffy to the turn order with whatever Bob the Slayer has as their entry. Note that it will only work for numbers, so if you use Cards it will drop the suit, or if you use words or letters it will have an error. Thank you testing this now, but that should work. Just trying to make adding my Steel Defender to the initiative macro as easy as possible.
I took this a step further and copied the Initiative macro already on the sheet for the pet and replaced the roll itself with the relevant info so it looks like a normal roll, but of course will output the result to match the creator's initiative.