Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Parse a Table FROM DMG and convert it into a rollable table inside a game?

I purchased the DMG and I would like to know if there is any way to take those tables convert them into a Table inside an active game?

Edited 1608836167
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Boy do I have exactly what you're looking for!! Quick Advice: &nbsp;Try the script out in a test game to see how it performs and if there's any results that you find undesirable before using it on your main game. In the one-click library there is a script called Roll Handout Tables. If you choose to use it, right now you will need to use the import option instead of the "add script" option since the API does something funky to it.&nbsp; From there, you can drag out handouts and it will create the tables right away as well as add links inside the handout to roll from. If you don't want that, you can type "!handoutlinks off" which will stop that process (It will reset every time the game or API restarts though, working on a permanent solution) If you want to parse ALL handouts you can type "!rollhandout" but it will read every handout you have so be sure that's what you want if you choose to do it! Here is the thread for it: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9406856/script-roll-handout-tables" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9406856/script-roll-handout-tables</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Since you are a Pro user, you are in luck. There is a great script that does just this. Roll Handout Tables by Jordan Caiola is available on Oneclick install. Not only does it convert them into rollable tables, it inserts a clickable macro just above the table in the handout to roll it from there. If you have the Recursive Tables script installed, it will even honer that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sniped by the author!
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Sniped by the author! Appreciate the referral regardless!
Im confused.&nbsp; &nbsp;How do I convert that table into a table.&nbsp; Im sorry.&nbsp; &nbsp;Drawing a blank.&nbsp; I take and drag into my screen like you see and nothing happens
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Do you have the script installed via the Game Settings &gt; API Scripts menu at the launch page?
Yes and I imported it as suggested
Do I need to create a handout for it?

Edited 1608840694
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Yes one needs to be created in your journal which is what the dragging to the map should accomplish. Your handout window should have the options to "Show to Players" and "Edit".
I know what Im doing wrong.&nbsp; &nbsp;Is there a way to access to roll tables in the game?
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
This is the tab they should show up in:
When I try to access the tables from the compedium my DMG tables are missing.&nbsp; I know the issue. I figured it out but I cant find my tables in that list
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
OH, I'm sorry I misunderstood, I apologise. They don't appear in the roll table category unfortunately. They are all handouts under the "Rules" category under things like Magic Items and Random Treasures.
Thank you.&nbsp; &nbsp;I originally searching and those links aren't dragable&nbsp;
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Yes it's strange but only certain ones are. Typically the ones you can't drag have a colon then another description like "Magic Items: Magic Items Table A" instead of just "Magic Items" which has all the sub categories inside of it and IS draggable
That did and worked.&nbsp; &nbsp;Thanks for your help Jordan
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
No problem!
Hello, I cant get this API working, sniff 1/ made a test game with recursive table and your API (imported not one-clicked) 2/dragged Magic Items from the compendium, an handout was created 3/ no rollable table created.... a)tried the !rollhandout command but nothing happened... b)when I type !rtm a_name for testing it says no such table exists so I think the script is installed and the API is working I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.&nbsp; &nbsp;Thx
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Sebastien, The script for creating the tables is called Roll Handout Tables instead of the Rollable Table Macros that you have installed

Edited 1608914704
HA HA, I knew that I was tired,&nbsp; thx edit : worked like a charm
I've installed this script via the import option but cant seem to drag tables from the DMG onto the map to create handouts. When I attempt to drag an entry from the compendium onto the map it simply highlights the compendium title and doesnt allow me to drag it anywhere. I somehow managed to create a handout for the magic item tables, but have been unable to do so with any other dmg tables.&nbsp;I'm not sure how I managed for the magic items tables and now cannot replicate it with any other table. What am I doing wrong? &nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ian L. said: I've installed this script via the import option but cant seem to drag tables from the DMG onto the map to create handouts. When I attempt to drag an entry from the compendium onto the map it simply highlights the compendium title and doesnt allow me to drag it anywhere. I somehow managed to create a handout for the magic item tables, but have been unable to do so with any other dmg tables.&nbsp;I'm not sure how I managed for the magic items tables and now cannot replicate it with any other table. What am I doing wrong? This is the issue you are running into: Jordan C. &nbsp;said: Yes it's strange but only certain ones are. Typically the ones you can't drag have a colon then another description like "Magic Items: Magic Items Table A" instead of just "Magic Items" which has all the sub categories inside of it and IS draggable The item names with colons in them are typically internal links to sections of pages. The ones without are usually standalone compendium entries and can be made into handouts.
@Ian, those look to be sections in the Random Treasure entry, so the only way to make a handout out of that is to look up Random Treasure and drag that onto the map. Generally, if the title of a compendium entry has a title followed by a colon and subtitle, they can't be dragged out individually. Only the main entry can.
Thank you Keithcurtis and Persephone! That was exactly it, those entries with colon and subtitles were not working. Now I'll know to stick to the other ones! Interestingly, some entries (such as designing NPC's) have more than one entry (some of which have the colons) but which go to the same tables. This makes searching in the compendium a little trickier, but now that I understand the issue, well worth it! Thanks again!&nbsp; &nbsp;