Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

enforce line of sight on UDL?

I do have PRO features available Is there way to make token with shared vision but without player control with UDL? Legacy? I believe it was possible in legacy with enforce line of sight option but cant find that option in UDL My target is to have "world map" with "party" token which will be managed by GM (me) but visible to all players with line of sight - to reveal area around it - like exploration - no idea how to do that currently :-/ since either I cant manage to give vision without movement - movement lock for players I consider critical since any "lock" token scripts do not lock it completely - it will just bounce it back to its original position but it is still able to reveal area which is not desired.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Enforce Line of Sight just made vision work in LDL. UDL has it on automatically. This can be done in LDL or UDL. First, you create the token which will provide sight. This token does  not  use the party token art. Create an invisible PNG token. Drop it onto the corner of the token layer Right-click it and select Advanced->Is Drawing. Shrink it down to a few pixels to minimize players accidentally clicking it. Assign it to be controlled by all players and give it sight. The second half of the equation is the party token which you control and move around. It provides light but no sight. Drop the party token onto the map. Have it emit light to the range the party should be able to see. Now you can move the party token (light source) around the map, and the players see through the invisible token in the corner. This is the one application where UDL currently works better than LDL because you can use Exploration Mode to show which areas have already been revealed, there are only two tokens, and there are no DL lines.
Brian C. said: Enforce Line of Sight just made vision work in LDL. UDL has it on automatically. This can be done in LDL or UDL. First, you create the token which will provide sight. This token does  not  use the party token art. Create an invisible PNG token. Drop it onto the corner of the token layer Right-click it and select Advanced->Is Drawing. Shrink it down to a few pixels to minimize players accidentally clicking it. Assign it to be controlled by all players and give it sight. The second half of the equation is the party token which you control and move around. It provides light but no sight. Drop the party token onto the map. Have it emit light to the range the party should be able to see. Now you can move the party token (light source) around the map, and the players see through the invisible token in the corner. This is the one application where UDL currently works better than LDL because you can use Exploration Mode to show which areas have already been revealed, there are only two tokens, and there are no DL lines. Yeah this "backwards" solution works perfectly thanks - did not thought about this.