Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] Matt's Door Lock and Traps Script Question

Hi to all, I'm new to D&D and Roll20. I install Matt's Door Opener Script in my game I setup all the doors and they all open and close fine. My question for the Trap, Hidden doors and the Pick lock feature. One of the characters in the adventure has thieves' Tools but every time I try to test the script for !PickLock it just send a txt back seeing that the Character does not have the skill. I know my problem is that the script cannot see the skill or attribute of the character, I believe I'm missing a setup on the character sheet so this script work properly.  Can some one that is familiar with this script tell me how to setup the Skill in the Character so the Script can see Thieve's tools or Perception. This is what I setup on the script at the beginning.  //========== user customization ========== statusDoors.interactRange = 2; //max range in map units statusDoors.detectionRange = 2; //max range in map units statusDoors.DoorPathColor = "#FFFF00"; statusDoors.attribFindHidden = "Perception"; statusDoors.attribOpenLocks = "Thievery"; statusDoors.attribFindTraps = "Perception"; statusDoors.attribRemoveTraps = "Thievery"; statusDoors.hFlipOnOpen = true;  // flip switch control horizontally when opened statusDoors.vFlipOnOpen = true;  // flip switch control vetically when opened // usePercentageChecks determines how checks against skills are rolled // when true:  attribute score + door modifier >= d100 equals success // when false:  d20 + attribute score >= door modifier equals success statusDoors.usePercentageChecks = false; statusDoors.detectHiddenDC = 10; Thanks for any help I can get.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
It looks like it is looking for an attribute called "Thievery" - not sure that corresponds to either Thieves Tools proficiency or Thieves Tools the item... and perception is listed in attributes as "perception_bonus" as far as any value I can see in the 5e sheet... 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Where did you find the code for this API, and does it have any documentation on how it works? I only found 3 year old references to it on the forums, and it isn't in the API one-click...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As far as I know, the Aaron's updates are the latest version. I would suggest looking into Doorknocker, (available in One Click) unless you are really attached to the "open" and "closed" door graphics, which aren't a feature on any commercial maps that I know of anyway.
Yes you can make a search for Matt Door Locker and Trap and it will appear on the Forums. Also as Keith suggested Doorknocker is much easier for the DM to open and close doors. Also there is a video on You tube how it works.

Edited 1609162424
Hey Warlord I use this one quite often.. and the script is looking for an Attribute on the characters called "Thievery" and the normal sheets don't have one. So what i do is manually add that to all characters that have Thieves Tools, and insert their Modifier (Ex: +5) If you set this to false then the script will roll a d20 and add that number // when false:  d20 + attribute score >= door modifier equals success Here is the Original post by Matt It's a complex script to get down... but so nice once you figure it all out Pro Tip: Just use 2 blank png images for the open and closed door graphics to prevent weird distortions :)
Thanks Dustin